This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: Fanduel Export - DEPRECATED

** IMPORTANT **

This method is no longer supported, Draftkings and Fanduel do not allow plugins to access their sites directly. This has been replaced with exporting/importing CSV files the details and instructions can be found here:

Draftkings: https://www.fantasycruncher.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1171

Fanduel: https://www.fantasycruncher.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1433

We have now added Fanduel Exporting to the Lineup Cruncher pages. This is similar to the Draftkings export, however you must select what Fanduel contest you wish to enter. This works with the same plugin as the Draftkings exports and Chrome should auto update if you have the existing plugin installed. If you need to Install it manually here is the link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/fantasycruncher-export-to/geddlbjlbpgcnckmjdkfjeimbciokpcn?hl=en

First use the drop down to pick a slate. Then click on the choose contest link to select a contest to export directly into.

The rest of the process works the same way as it does for Draftkings, you can select all your lineups with the check mark on top of the lineups, or use the check all or check none buttons. Then you can export in mass directly into a contest on Fanduel. This is still in somewhat beta form, and I have noticed the occasional issue with entering contests failing on the Fanduel side. Please let me know if you guys see these, I will work with Fanduel on a possible fix.

If you have questions or need any assistance you can post here, or email support@fantasycruncher.com and we will get back to you right away.

Just tried the fanduel export. It is not working. It just freezes after it says exporting, but nothing is ever exported.

Tried to export 15 lineups. Instead it exported the 1st one and entered it 15 times.

Can do 1 by 1, so still better than typing.

Unfortunately it is freezing here too. I do not know if it is happening because I am using a mac.

I am using a PC, so I don't think it's a PC or Mac issue.

Just tried the fanduel export. It is not working. It just freezes after it says exporting, but nothing is ever exported.

That sounds like the plugin is not updated on your machine. If you go here: chrome://extensions/ you need to be on version 1.3.3 for it to work. If you are not on that version you can force an update by checking developer mode at the top of that page, and then clicking the update extensions now button.

If it still is not working please let me know.

Tried to export 15 lineups. Instead it exported the 1st one and entered it 15 times.

Can do 1 by 1, so still better than typing.

I think I was too tired when I pushed the update out and missed this obvious issue. It has been corrected, you should not have any issues now. Thanks for pointing this out, let me know if you find anything else.

Works like a charm! This is a huge timesaver. Thanks.

Never used for DK, but if contests are already entered, does this still work and update original selections? or is it only for entering new contests?

I like to join contests ahead of time with filler lineups on fanduel. I have some contests joined at the moment for tomorrow and when i tried to export, fc just entered my lineups into new entries and completely ignored my other joined contests. Is it possible to export lineups into contests that have already been joined without joining new contests?

Just noticed I'm unable to export to Fanduel from the "My Lineups" page since there is no possible way to select a contest there...can you make this possible? Thanks!

I click choose contest and the window opens, but there are no contests to choose.

Would it be possible to just dump all the lineups into some freeroll?

When it comes to spending $, I prefer to manually select what I enter them into.

Thanks for this update

Selecting export tools gives me no option to setup the associated Fan Duel account. I am using Chrome on a Mac with the installed extensions. Any thoughts

tsylvest- I thin you just need to have a window or tab open that is logged into your fanduel account.

Is there away to export lineups to override existing paid lineups or can we only export and enter a contest at the same time?

I hope the issue of not being able to export into existing lineups gets fixed by NBA season. It would help a lot with late scratches minutes before lineup lock.

Just noticed I'm unable to export to Fanduel from the "My Lineups" page since there is no possible way to select a contest there...can you make this possible? Thanks!

I am having the same issue, even created a post about it: https://www.fantasycruncher.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=652

I like to build lineups early in week, save to "My Lineups" and then enter closer to league start, after last minute adjustments, of course.

Is there a way to replace lineups that you have already exported into Fanduel? For instance if i export a lineup in the morning, and then after some injury news and updates, the projected lineups are different. Can the cruncher upload the new lineups and replace the existing ones? It seems like the export can only create a new entry and not edit an existing entry.

Having played limited NFL and MLB , I haven't really used this until today....very handy!!

Thank you.

I posted this about three weeks ago and didn't see a reply, so i will post again.

Re: Fanduel Export
by ucdavisballer23 » 2015-09-25 15:56:25
Is there a way to replace lineups that you have already exported into Fanduel? For instance if i 50 export lineups in the morning, and then after some injury news and updates, the projected lineups are different. Can the cruncher upload the new lineups and replace the existing ones? It seems like the export can only create a new entry and not edit an existing entry.

I posted this about three weeks ago and didn't see a reply, so i will post again.

Is there a way to replace lineups that you have already exported into Fanduel? For instance if i 50 export lineups in the morning, and then after some injury news and updates, the projected lineups are different. Can the cruncher upload the new lineups and replace the existing ones? It seems like the export can only create a new entry and not edit an existing entry.

This is correct, there is no way currently to replace lineups but it is something we are working on and should have out very soon.

thanks, this would be very helpful.

It would be cool to be able to export ONE lineup more than 1x. So, for example, if I want to reserve 50 entries in a single GPP I could export ONE lineup 50x.

can someone from this site answer there email I've been emailing for weeks thanks

can someone from this site answer there email I've been emailing for weeks thanks

Hey Frankie, we have emailed you every time you have emailed us. Possibly check your spam folder? Maybe try from a different email account? Or you can try messaging us on facebook or twitter. This is not really the proper thread for this, but I will leave it up for a day or 2 before deleting this and your message.

This is correct, there is no way currently to replace lineups but it is something we are working on and should have out very soon.[/quote]

i for one, am very, VERY much looking forward to this feature being implemented. after that, maybe a 'blank' CBB/CFB builder? it doesn't need to have 'projections' added, just the DFS site's salaries. that would be awesometabulous!!

alx

Replacing lineups would make FC better than anything else out there, seriously.

Right now, I like to put 50-100 lineups into the $2 shot. However, it fills up so quickly before lineups lock, that it's tough for me to use FC the way I would like to.

I have been unable to export into fanduel the past two days. NHL last night and NFL today, I am getting the same prompt " check the slate of games, and make sure you are logged in". The only thing that has changed is I haven't filled out the fanduel SSN withdrawl form - but I am doubting that this is the problem - any help?

Are you the same person that e-mailed us? Try a manual Fanduel lineup entry. If that is blocked, then it's your issue with FanDuel. I believe after you've won a certain amount, they force you to give tax information before you can withdraw.

I want to add to bhdevault's post above... Maybe that's why you guys implemented the download as csv feature? Some of these tournaments are filling to fast for me to use FC to it's full potential so I also would like to see the replace entry feature similar to what the RG tool does. It would put FC light years ahead of everyone else.

I want to add to bhdevault's post above... Maybe that's why you guys implemented the download as csv feature? Some of these tournaments are filling to fast for me to use FC to it's full potential so I also would like to see the replace entry feature similar to what the RG tool does. It would put FC light years ahead of everyone else.

We would love to, and we are working on this implementation for DK now. I put out the export to CSV feature because it was requested previously and was a simpler feature to implement, that still provides a lot of utility value. I will get the DK working soon, there are quite a few intricate details that need to be addressed to implement correctly. I may speak to FD afterwards and see if we can figure out a way where we could do something for Fanduel, however it is currently against their policy to allow automated editing of entries.

The issue I believe Fanduel has, and they are not really incorrect, is that editing tons of lineups minutes or seconds before the games lock is a HUGE advantage for users that are able to do it. I am going to propose something along the lines of, we allow users to edit lineups up until say 15 minutes prior to lock time. I think this may address the concerns, but I haven't even suggested this to them yet, so I really dont know. I will keep you guys posted.

theOtherDave, I'd like to suggest you include in your proposal a change to the "Quick player replace" on FD (I don't regularly play on DK so not sure if this is an issue). This issue directly relates to a user's ability to deal with late player news.

1. Allow users to swap for a higher-salary player
Currently FD permits this in a very limited sense. Basically the tool will determine the maximum excess salary available in ALL lineups in which this player is rostered. If you have a $4500 player in ONE lineup with $500 excess salary available then the quick player replace will permit you to swap that player for another player up to $5000. This is great. But if you have that same $4500 player in TEN lineups with excess salary of between $0 and $3500 then the quick player replace will limit your replacement player options to $4500 (or less).

This just makes no sense. We already know that the quick player replace tool can properly handle "invalid" attempts. For example, if you replace player A with player B it will fail on those lineups where player B is already rostered. Similarly, in the above example where I have TEN lineups with $0-$3500 in excess salary available I should be able to do a quick replace of a $4500 player for a $6500 player and that operation will simply fail for those lineups that lack the necessary $2000 in available salary. Obviously a notification would be helpful ("successful in 6 of 10 lineups," or whatever). From there the user can choose a lower-priced player for the remaining lineups, or leave things as they are. The bottom line is that the quick player replace tool should be flexible enough to permit users to quickly and easily do mass-replacements that fully utilize the available excess salary in ALL lineups, not just the least common denominator.

Play around with it and you'll see. Create ten lineups, one with $100 excess and nine with $5000 excess (with one common player across all lineups). Then do a quick player replace of that one player, and you'll see that you can only choose a player priced at $100 more, because that is the most available to ALL lineups. It's ridiculous.

2. Allow users to specify scope of player replace.
This is partly resolved by the above, as excess salary in some lineups will permit diversity when doing quick player replacements. Let's say I have 50 lineups and there's a late scratch of a $5500 player. If I can run multiple replacement operations (as detailed above), selecting first a $7500 player who I like best and then a $5200 player who I like second-best I will end up with some diversity in replacing this late-scratch player. But maybe I want to replace my $5500 player with two players under $5500 and split my exposure to them. It would be great to have the option (similar to the "export lineup") of which lineups to make this change. If I want it to be a global replacement I can select "all" ... but if I want to limit my exposure to this new player I can select which lineups I want to change.

If both of these changes were implemented it would likely reduce the demand for late auto-editing or auto-replacing lineups (which I agree would be a huge advantage and IMO would probably not be good for the industry). All users would have access to the same tool that already exists, it would just be more robust. Thoughts?