This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: Reserving Spots in GPPs

Here's my dilemma. There's a lot of NBA news that can break after 6 pm that will effect my lineups. But some of the bigger FD GPPs tend to fill an hour or 2 before lock. Any suggestions on getting spots reserved, calculating my 100-250 lineups, and getting them imported over top of the dummy lineup that's already registered?

Currently, I just pray the GPP doesn't fill until after 6:30ish. But seems like I'm generally stuck with GPP XYZ #2 with a smaller prize pool.

This happened to me yesterday -- I too would like to know how to solve this dilemma...

I don't know about FanDuel but DraftKings has a "Global Player Swap" which allows you to swap out a player for another across all your lineups. I believe it is designed specifically for the issue you're speaking of, removing a late scratch from all your lineups at the last minute.

I don't know what kind of bankroll you're working with but you can reserve your entries in the contest you actually want, dump your updated lineups into one of the the secondary $2 Shot GPPs FD opens up after the main one fills, ctrl-click all the lineup edit buttons and import them over one at a time, and then hopefully if you have time, cancel the extra entries you have from dumping your new lineups in (if you want). I hope I made sense, that's what I do and it works quite well

We will be adding the ability to change your DK lineups soon, but Fanduel specifically does not allow this practice through the use of any automated methods. Some of the coding for the plugin has become slightly more cumbersome for me to work with, since in case you were guys were unaware, I am in Las Vegas Nevada. It really sucks for me currently, I am holding out hope that something is worked out soon for the state, but until then I have to go through proxies just to access data at times. I am in a unique situation, that I need to be on DK and FD frequently, but I dont even play. Just wanted you guys to know what the hold up was, but I should be able to get to this in the next week or two.

I don't know what kind of bankroll you're working with but you can reserve your entries in the contest you actually want, dump your updated lineups into one of the the secondary $2 Shot GPPs FD opens up after the main one fills, ctrl-click all the lineup edit buttons and import them over one at a time, and then hopefully if you have time, cancel the extra entries you have from dumping your new lineups in (if you want). I hope I made sense, that's what I do and it works quite well

This is really the only way I have found. It's a huge PITA as it's very tedious work that has to be done literally while all of the good news is breaking. So you could get halfway done and then discover that there's been another major late lineup change. What do you do then? You might not even have time to re-run everything.

Plus you can't cancel any entries <15 minutes before lock.

Is there any way that FC could import lineups into the "FREE" contests on Fanduel? This would solve a lot of problems as people could reserve early in the day and then import their real lineups in the 'free' contests closer to lock, and export from there. Just a thought.

Is there any way that FC could import lineups into the "FREE" contests on Fanduel? This would solve a lot of problems as people could reserve early in the day and then import their real lineups in the 'free' contests closer to lock, and export from there. Just a thought.

Thats not a bad idea, I will keep in mind as a work-around solution.

I don't think that will work on FD. There aren't a lot of free contests on FD, and it's not like you can create a bunch of them either. You can't create or join more than 3 free H2H contests, and the only other free contests you can create are single-entry leagues. Unless you're talking about just a handful of lineups this isn't really a viable option.