This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: FanDuel Golf

Is there a way to make it so the optimizer puts your 4 highest-rated players in the R3/R4 slots on FanDuel golf? I think this is a pretty common strategy and is pretty frustrating to work around as-is

Also a ton of essentially duplicate lineups where the #1 lineup will be 8 players, and the #2 lineup will just have swapped 1 of the R1/R2 guys with a R3/R4 guy, which I understand IS a different lineup, but for the majority of outcomes it is ostensibly doubling down on 25 lineups if you play 50, instead of having 50 unique

Any thoughts or process changes greatly appreciated .. I know the FD format is finnicky

I very much second this request for improvements to PGA stacking. Even after forcing more unique players and increasing the random % I couldn't find a way to avoid the problem described above. Maybe for PGA "unique players" can refer to the same guy twice? Once for rounds 1-2 and again for rounds 3-4? I'd love an option where the optimizer treated the player a single entity regardless of round for purposes of crunching lineups. If I have 6 guys I want sprinkled in my 50 lineups I don't want it to use the same 2-3 of those 6 guys in all 50 lineups (with the optimizer treating them as 4-6 guys because of the rounds division). Hope that makes sense.

I actually like the current set up very much. There's going to be positive correlation between R1/R2 performances and the corresponding R3/R4 performances. However, the gap between R1 and R2 performance tends to be surprisingly large when it comes to the extreme performances required to win GPPs.

I recommend playing around with Lineup Rewind to see this effect in action. For any past tournament, crunch the top 100+ lineups based on Actual Score. Then click on 1&2 and 3&4 on the exposure list and you'll notice that the players for each wave are mostly different.

Another thing you can do in Lineup Rewind is see the actual scores for all 70 wave placement variations of an 8-golfer lineup. Observe a lineup, for instance the Masters optimal lineup, which scored 448.1. Next, remove all players from your pool by selecting "None" from the dropdown next to the "find player" search bar. Then manually add each of the golfers from this original lineup back into the player pool for BOTH R1/R2 and R3/R4. Once those 16 players are in your pool, crunch 70 lineups and look at how much the scores vary. At the Masters, there was a difference of well over 100 points between the optimal lineup and its weakest wave placement variations. Try the same procedure on other tournaments and you'll notice that this is a common occurrence.

If you're still not comfortable with the way players are placed into rounds, there are many ways to tweak this. You can cap exposures, exclude players from the R1/R2 or R3/R4 groups, or even manipulate the projections to backload studs more heavily. For instance, try doubling all of your R34 projections without changing R12 projections, and see how that affects your exposures.

Thanks jae, I'll play around with it as you suggest.

I'm not opposed to adding in some options to fanduel golf as needed. It was definitely an interesting puzzle to try and develop correctly as it is different from any other site/sport. I put a lot of weight in jae686s opinion, for those that don't know him, he is one of the top golf dfs players in the world.

I will give all of this input some more thought and see if there are any additions I can make to give some more options in building lineups.