This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: FD PGA

I know that PGA is relatively new to FD. Are you guys going to add FC projections for PGA on FD? Also, is there any intent on having articles for PGA?

Yes, we will be adding Fanduel PGA. I knew they were running a beta previously, I was not aware it was live yet. And I do believe we will be adding PGA content to the site soon as well.

What's the ETA on that? PGA is live at Fanduel this week.

It turns out to be quite a big overhaul to support the format they have introduced. The data structure is very different than any other sport at this point, so we will need to make some changes on our backend before we can support the data. We are working on it, but there is not an ETA at this point. We will try to get it added for this week, but we cannot guarantee that will happen.

Yeah. A friend of mine was telling me about the setup for PGA on FD. When he said you pick 4 guys for rounds 1-2 and 4 guys for rounds 3-4, I was like what is that? Seems like a huge amount of data to parse through to provide a quality product. I appreciate the effort your team has put into making FC a great content provider.

Yeah, it's a crazy format to be sure.

I do not envy the team that needs to code the cruncher for it.

maybe i'll find a tournament where it looks really rainy, where they may only get 3 rounds in, try and stack your studs in days 1 and 2 so the guys playing in rounds 3 and 4 lose an entire day worth of scoring. have to look over the scoring rules with a magnifying glass.

update...
ok, so after going old school and using notebook and graph paper with colored pencils to design my lineup for fanduel golf...
the winner is FANTASYCRUNCHER. geezus that takes a long time to do long hand.
cruncher saves so much time and energy.
thanks guys, still a fan since the summer of 2015