This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: Shouldn't there be updates less than 12 hours before a game starts?

With ten minutes until the start of the first games today, the last update was over 12 hours ago. Just a critique.

With ten minutes until the start of the first games today, the last update was over 12 hours ago. Just a critique.

Then the update comes 4 mins after the 3:00pm lock. That's BS.

Come on, guys.

Yeah I'm very frustrated with this. You guys did a great job last week getting the updates in right before game times before we could adjust, but as of right now I just missed out on a 6x value play because the update came in after lines locked...

Very frustrating for a paid service.

None of the projections would have changed in the morning. I already has Stat, Melo, Ilyasova as assumed playing so none of the numbers would have changed on our end.

At least 3 players changed in the projected lineup between 2:58 and 3:04 when the tool updated. That included me missing out on Giannis A. I was frantically updating almost constantly for 10 min before 3 since I was surprised to see no update.

As I was kind of expecting once I saw the late update, I missed cashing in all my 3pm lineups. Missed by less than 5pts in each contest, and the lineup that came out at 3:04 would have given me 9 extra points...

Overall the late update cost me 50 bucks. (Almost the full amount I've made since becoming premium)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE update the lineups within 30 min of contest starts...

As I was kind of expecting once I saw the late update, I missed cashing in all my 3pm lineups. Missed by less than 5pts in each contest, and the lineup that came out at 3:04 would have given me 9 extra points...

Overall the late update cost me 50 bucks. (Almost the full amount I've made since becoming premium)

I agree. I missed cashing by everything by 3 points and with my 3:04 lineup I would have easily made that. I'm not blaming them for my loss, it's my money and I chose to bet it without updated information. However, I pay for this service and expect timely, quality updates prior to game time. In the three weeks I've been a member this is the first time that I didn't see an update 30 mins or so before lock.

i agree with this 100%. my previous suggestion was if they could post players who are listed as out with their projections. it would help to understand the reasoning of their adjustments. i agree though with what you said, there should be some sort of update posted 30 mins before lock. for a paid service you'd expect a little more.

How about it is 11:06 eastern time and no NBA projections are currently up.

^^

How about it is 11:06 eastern time and no NBA projections are currently up.

Relax. There is plenty of time before the contests start today. We are aware of the issue and are attempting to resolve it now.

Issue has been fixed. Player's projections should be showing up properly.

How often are NHL player projections updated? I don't see the last updated label in the cruncher.

How often are NHL player projections updated? I don't see the last updated label in the cruncher.

The NHL cruncher currently does not display the timestamp of the last update. There are a lot of other issues that take priority over implementing that at the moment.

I honestly wouldn't worry about it too much though. NHL projections do not change nearly as much as NBA projections simply because the player news for hockey is not as fluid and readily available as it is for basketball. The only thing that really changes is if a goalie gets scratched from their start, which does not really happen that often anyway.

That is understandable. The main problem that I have with the NHL cruncher is that starting goalies are never accurate. It seems as though you only display the goalie listed at the top of the depth chart and don't update for backups that are filling in.

That is understandable. The main problem that I have with the NHL cruncher is that starting goalies are never accurate. It seems as though you only display the goalie listed at the top of the depth chart and don't update for backups that are filling in.

This is something I am working on as I type this. (ok in between typing this) I am first updating the way we currently grab data, so that all the positions and salaries come directly from the sites, daily, so it is 100% accurate. I am then going to be hiring someone who will manually update when the starting goalies change. This should be done in the next day or two.