This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: NHL Stacking Update

We just pushed out an update to the NHL stacking advanced options to include "Team Stacking". This is very similar to our MLB team stacking, but it also includes a field to select which lines or pp units you want to stack. You can select multiple Lines/PP units. You can also select to stack just from the Forwards (Centers / Wings) or from the entire Line including defense players.

This can also be combined in certain cases with Positional stacking for some very powerful constraints. For example, you could add 2 team stacks with Forwards on the same PP units, then you could set your D skater to be paired with (or not paired with) the other D skater with a Position stack.

We also addressed the issue of having players from more than 2 teams, which should now be applied for NHL correctly.

Let us know what you guys think!

I was just playing with the new stacking and I am very impressed, this is what I was envisioning when you first mentioned it. However, it still created a lineup that was not compliant. This is what I did, I set 2 team stacks, the first one was a 4 player stack from the line 1 and then my 2nd stack was the whole league, 3 forwards from line 1, 2, or 3. The problem lineup occurred when it stacked 2 D from the same team, so I went and added a rule to stack 0 Dmen from the same team but that ruined my 2nd stack being from all the same team for some reason.

I hope that all made sense, it probably sounds confusing. Any ways, my desire is to stack one line and a D from the same team, then stack 1 line from another team and then fill the 2nd D position with a player from a 3rd team. I was hoping by setting the rule to have 0 D from the same team would allow this to happen but it's not quite working.

I have faith in you guys to get it working properly and appreciate all your hard work in making us hockey goons happy. You definitely have the ground work layed for some awesome NHL crunching!!!

Hey Dave,

I played with it some more and was able to get 20 perfect lineups with it doing exactly what i wanted. Which was a 5 player stack from one team (1 line + D + G) and a line from another team and then a 2nd D from a 3rd team. Great job!!

You may still find some complaints of non-compliant lineups though as my first run through did produce a team with 5 Sharks, 3 Wild and then a goalie from a 3rd team.

How accurate are the starting lines? Where do you guys get them from? Because I currently see dan giradi on line one yet hes injured

Also how do I force it to include two line one stacks from 2 different teams in every lineup? I don't see an option to make it stack at least 2 different teams with 3 players or more in each lineup.

You want to click the 'Add Stack' link twice so you add a second stack. It should look like this:

How accurate are the starting lines? Where do you guys get them from? Because I currently see dan giradi on line one yet hes injured

Thanks for pointing this out. There is a small bug in our lines being updated, where its not removing players from lines if they get pulled, I will get this corrected. We should have accurate lines(other than this issue) at the moment.

Thanks for pointing this out. There is a small bug in our lines being updated, where its not removing players from lines if they get pulled, I will get this corrected. We should have accurate lines(other than this issue) at the moment.[/quote]

I added a fix for this, should be all good going forward.

Awesome stuff glad to have subscribed to the site today. You guys are quick:)

Thanks for pointing this out. There is a small bug in our lines being updated, where its not removing players from lines if they get pulled, I will get this corrected. We should have accurate lines(other than this issue) at the moment.[/quote]

I added a fix for this, should be all good going forward.[/quote]

Where are the lines being input from? If I want to adjust one of the lines because I have a different perception of that night's lineup than is being scraped, how would one do that?

EDIT: Suppose I can just use groups----may be difficult/cumbersome on a big slate.