This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: Can't add player after lineup change?

Blackmon not in starting lineup, then Raburn was scratched and Blackmon put back in ... but FC won't let me add Blackmon? What's the deal?

Can a mod reply about this? This is an ongoing issue as MLB scratches aren't unheard of. Today it's Castellanos out replaced with Aviles ... but Aviles can't be added to FC. Please advise if there is a workaround.

Been seeing this more and more. Trea Turner today. Maybe if you alter a projection allow that person to be used in the player pool?

Can we please get a response on this issue? It's REALLY frustrating when lineup changes occur and the new player can't be added.

This is a complicated issue, and the only REAL solution is for our data to be updated correctly. I am very hesitant to have the solution be, every man for himself in correcting incorrect data, that solution while on the surface seems ok, I think makes FC a worse product and isn't really solving the issue. I made a change to some of the code that pulls lineup info about 3-4 weeks ago that I hope has made a noticeable improvement. There was an issue today with the Cardinals lineup that was re-released, we 100% should have caught that(we have been catching lineup changes up until this one), I found a bug in the code that affected today that I have dealt with and will not cause any issues moving forward.

I really want this issue to be solved, and not just masked with allowing users to add a projection to a player and having them be displayed. I feel that if we added that feature, it would introduce another problem to a different set of users, who maybe don't understand why a guy is still in their playerpool who is not playing. Ultimately FC needs to be responsible for providing accurate data all the time, which is something that I am striving to do.

Just so you know also, sometimes when I have to add a player myself and give him a projection, he will not show up in my pool no matter what I do. I set his projection at 100 just so he appears at the top and he's not there. If I come back to the player manager area and look, he is included in the list of players on the right hand side of the page. I go back to the lineups area and he is nowhere to be found. All sliders and exposures are untouched, so that's not the problem. If he's listed in the player manager area with whatever I set him at 5, 10, 20, or 100 points, why does it not put him in the pool where I make lineups?

Just so you know also, sometimes when I have to add a player myself and give him a projection, he will not show up in my pool no matter what I do. I set his projection at 100 just so he appears at the top and he's not there. If I come back to the player manager area and look, he is included in the list of players on the right hand side of the page. I go back to the lineups area and he is nowhere to be found. All sliders and exposures are untouched, so that's not the problem. If he's listed in the player manager area with whatever I set him at 5, 10, 20, or 100 points, why does it not put him in the pool where I make lineups?

This is what soundofsilence is asking to have added. We don't display players that are not in starting lineups(no matter what the projection), the issue is sometimes we have gotten this wrong in the past. I suppose we could have a seperate option to show bench players, but I dont want to have it so that any player you have a projection on will be displayed because I think this will cause issues for other users. I imagine a scenario where a user changes (maybe inadvertently) a player's projection, then later the lineup is released and this player is not playing, yet they will still have this player showing because they have their own projection set. Ideally the solution is to have the lineups 100% correct, so you guys can actually rely on FC to have it right.

Thanks, Dave. I understand your reluctance to make this a free-for-all. IDK where you get your lineup info or how often you pull the data, but as long as you're aware of the issue and trying to resolve it that makes me feel better. Here's some good news, Iglesias was scratched ~20 minutes ago for Romine (earliest twitter post) and FC reflects the change. Not sure if this was done manually, hopefully it was caught automatically.

EDIT: Then again, a couple of days ago when I posted FC hadn't caught a lineup change (Adams out for Peralta), so unless you've made a code change the last couple of days it probably still needs work. Not sure what solution works best, but ultimately we have to remember that late scratches are not terribly uncommon in MLB or NBA (especially) so either FC needs to be updated quickly or you need to give users the ability to change it themselves (IMO).

That was an auto catch. The issue with the adams peralta swap on the 10th (2 days ago) was due to a completely unrelated bug that was in the script that auto updates. That was corrected after I learned of the issue.

Good deal, thanks for clarifying.

This is a complicated issue, and the only REAL solution is for our data to be updated correctly. I am very hesitant to have the solution be, every man for himself in correcting incorrect data, that solution while on the surface seems ok, I think makes FC a worse product and isn't really solving the issue. I made a change to some of the code that pulls lineup info about 3-4 weeks ago that I hope has made a noticeable improvement. There was an issue today with the Cardinals lineup that was re-released, we 100% should have caught that(we have been catching lineup changes up until this one), I found a bug in the code that affected today that I have dealt with and will not cause any issues moving forward.

I really want this issue to be solved, and not just masked with allowing users to add a projection to a player and having them be displayed. I feel that if we added that feature, it would introduce another problem to a different set of users, who maybe don't understand why a guy is still in their playerpool who is not playing. Ultimately FC needs to be responsible for providing accurate data all the time, which is something that I am striving to do.

I thought the point of the "Player Manager" tab was to be able to add a player to the pool if FC does not have a certain player in the pool for whatever reason? I was told late last year that this is what I should do if someone is missing. This has happened many times to me in NBA player pools last season and I always just went in and added the player and set his projection to whatever I wanted. It almost always worked properly back then. Lately, when I attempt to add a player using the "Player Manager", it will not put him in my pool no matter what I do. A few weeks back, I spent almost 2 hours on a 14 game MLB slate making adjustments to all players and then afterwards noticed an important player was missing from the pool, after investing all that time. I tried desperately 8 times to add him and it would not let me. I logged out and then back in several times, refreshed my browser, cleared cache and cookies, and then as a last resort drove to my business (which is only less than 5 minutes away) to use a different computer and network. None of this worked. I wasted nearly two hours and did not feel comfortable entering my usual 50-200 lineups without having this player included in many of my lineups because he seemed like a very high-value play on that day, included in many of my lineups. I can tell you whenever this happens (it has happened several times to me), it is very frustrating to say the least. Often, time is running short and we need to be able to add a player on the fly and don't have enough time before lineup lock to wait for email responses from FC. I know you guys do your best to get back to people as quickly as you can, but getting everything done before lineup lock is essential.

My feelings on this are that I do not understand why I cannot add a player if I need to, like I used to be able to. We absolutely NEED to have this feature to even make FC usable on the days that this problem arises. I do not understand the logic behind not allowing this because it is critical! This is especially true when the data you get from your sources can sometimes be inaccurate. Please fix this like it used to be and let us add a player if we need to. I am begging you and I know many others are as well :)

Thanks.