This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: Any chance for CFL???

Now that DK is offering CFL I would imagine the demand will grow so any chance we can se CFL anytime?

I, too, would like to know.

+1

+1

We need a source for stats so that we can provide stats and make projections. Also if we are to support it, we will likely make projections in a similar way to NFL, because we don't know anything about CFL specifically. But the main issue is still to get a good source for stats.

I think for CFL and other "niche" sports, FC users would be happy with just the cruncher and the player rosters.... projections are a secondary concern, at least for me.

I agree, The cruncher is way more useful than the projections.

Still holding out for a customized cruncher where we can load our own player pool for any sport and set the salary/pos rules then solve for lineups.

just as a reference for level of interest.
today is opening day on 6/23.
i posted a 50/50 league and invited my hockey league pals.
i wanted to make sure it'd fill with invites, so i only made it a 10 person league.
it filled within 15 minutes of posting.
so without "invites" i posted a 20 person league and it filled within 45 minutes.
i realize some of my hockey list are from canada, so maybe the CFL is right up their alley.
or maybe people JUST LOVE FOOTBALL.

i think that YES, THE INTEREST IS THERE.

p.s. i've wanted an MMA cruncher "skeleton" for over a year.
i could care less about any MMA projections from the staff or even a lineup rewind for MMA.
the fact that i could load in my numbers and have this wonderful tool crank out lineups like lightning instead of poking, pecking, and hoping it fits the salary, keeps me hopeful for the future.

or from a strictly business perspective...
email your subscriber list of people who've "dropped off" since NBA and NHL are done.
tell them that "football is back" don't wait until september to get back in the game.
join up by july 5th or 10th and get 6 straight months of football for a discounted price.
even if you gave them 15 or 20% off, you'd be getting 80 percent of 6 months, instead of 100 percent of 4 months, so you'd actually be making more money.
just a thought.

Please FC staff :):):)

Provide the skeleton/template for doing our own sports. Ive got good projections for Soccer and LOL but making more than 2 or 3 lineups especially close to lineup lock is breaking me down.

CFL is how DK is going to keep their user base playing through the year. NFL is obviously the biggest, and CFL is similar, so they jumped on it. Once someone leaves the site, it is unsure if they will come back. The goal for DK is to keep people playing throughout the year. Lots of people don't like golf, mlb, pga, nascar, so they quit till the fall. CFL gets them back into it early.

We have added support for the CFL. I was hoping to get it out a day earlier, but there is still a 2 game slate tonight. We will get it a little more polished and will be supporting CFL going forward.

We have added support for the CFL. I was hoping to get it out a day earlier, but there is still a 2 game slate tonight. We will get it a little more polished and will be supporting CFL going forward.

Excellent! Thanks!!

joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea, joy to you and me.

Thanks guys!