This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: Players disappearing

Been noticing an issue lately where I'll select a player and he'll disappear from the pool entirely. Happened the other day with Anthony Davis, right now I just noticed John Wall. I selected him, went to SG, came back to PG and he's gone. Noticed the other day with AD that if I refreshed the page he would be there while it was loading but as soon as it finished loading he was gone. This never seems to happen with scrubs only ever with the studs. It has happened many times over the last year and it really bugs me that people I was putting into my pool never ended up in my lineups at all. Of course I notice it right away with the studs but how many times was there a guy I could have sworn I played and somehow I had none of. I always assumed the algorithm or whatever just didn't see fit to put certain guys into any lineups at all but I'm beginning to believe that's not the case. I mean, if it's disappearing from my pool how do I know if they're even calculated into my possible lineups?

I've gotta say, I love the format and layout of this site, I'm just wondering if it's worth my money for the amount of issues I've had to deal with.

OMG! It is STILL doing this! It is quite annoying. Now I have Westbrook locked in but after crunching LU's I go to the list of PG's and he's not there! He's still getting crunched into the LU's but to not see him in my list of players, or anyone else in my player pool, is really screwing me up. This is not cool. I shouldn't have to refresh to get him back especially because sometimes it loses the guys I've saved to my pool altogether.

Really hope you fix this soon because I'm about to give up on you guys.

in case you have "happy fingers" like i do, when you're on a computer and the mouse is hovered on a players line, any accidental click on the mouse will de-select that player.
that may be why you're losing players.
it happens to me almost daily, but it's accidental mouse clicks for me.

At times I've deselected a player when I meant to lock him. Other times I seem to have the same problem where players seem to disappear. Usually it's not a huge deal, and I suspect it's my own fault somehow but there have been a couple of times where I couldn't really explain it. I don't lose anything when I refresh except for lineup tabs. Hopefully at some point we can save those, because losing those and having to re-run them all can be a huge pain. But the missing players issue doesn't seem to be widespread, so I'm guessing it's a user error. :)

in case you have "happy fingers" like i do, when you're on a computer and the mouse is hovered on a players line, any accidental click on the mouse will de-select that player.
that may be why you're losing players.
it happens to me almost daily, but it's accidental mouse clicks for me.

No that's not the case at all, I've done that before too and it's not just unselecting someone, they disappear from the entire list. I don't ever notice it with lower salary guys, always seems to be the studs, AD, Westbrook, etc.

Like I said, they still get run when I crunch the LU's but it makes me wonder who else I'm missing that I'm not seeing. It's strange though because it always seems to be guys I have actually selected in the first place, if I don't choose them I don't think they disappear but then again I'm not paying a ton of attention to guys I'm not using.

There's no way it's user error.

Check your player manager, do you see custom projections? Are you making sure you're looking at the "all" tab and not the "my pool" tab.

Check your player manager, do you see custom projections? Are you making sure you're looking at the "all" tab and not the "my pool" tab.

Yes, I'm sure. I go to the all tab and they disappear. Again, sometimes I can refresh the page and they'll come back but sometimes they disappear again. Sometimes I'll see the name on a refresh but once the page loads all the way it goes away again, sometimes it stays. I'm afraid to refresh sometimes because once in a while I'll lose my player pool completely if I do that.

I only notice it when it's obvious studs but it makes me wonder what mid range guys that I'm completely forgetting about because they might not be showing up either?

John Wall again today except this time it didn't even run him in the LU's.

It'd be nice to at least get a response from someone. Is there someone I need to email? I though this forum was for help and I'm getting none here. You guys have gotten a couple hundred bucks of my money so far but the customer service is definitely lacking.

Happened to me as well once this evening (Jan 1). Not John Wall, it was Cody Zeller or Taj Gibson, reloaded FC and it was all fine again. It's certainly baffling, and I have to agree that I don't think it's a user error -- the missing player doesn't appear under any of the tabs, he's not excluded or anything. I can see fat fingers deselecting a player but if that was it then he'd be under "excluded players" ... but he's not, so that can't be it.

I may have figured out what is going on here, the issue might be the sliders on the left, specifically the "Projected Range" slider. To show you what happens, go ahead and adjust a player and put him at 100 fantasy points. On the slider on the left you will see that the range adjusts to allow up to 100 Projected points to be filtered, however, the current position is still maintained so the player who is at 100 projection will be filtered out. What makes this a little more confusing, the filter does not apply immediately (so you can still see the player at 100 for now), this is by design, but it will apply once you adjust anything. You can make it apply by doing a sort, changing to a different pool, or adjusting any slider value. Also, if you refresh the page, the sliders initiate with the highest and lowest projections in your player pool, so it would show all of your players.

So, if you change a players projection outside of the range that was loaded when the page initialized, then you will run into this behavior.

Let me know if this is what is happening, I helped someone out via email with a similar issue.

I may have figured out what is going on here, the issue might be the sliders on the left, specifically the "Projected Range" slider. To show you what happens, go ahead and adjust a player and put him at 100 fantasy points. On the slider on the left you will see that the range adjusts to allow up to 100 Projected points to be filtered, however, the current position is still maintained so the player who is at 100 projection will be filtered out. What makes this a little more confusing, the filter does not apply immediately (so you can still see the player at 100 for now), this is by design, but it will apply once you adjust anything. You can make it apply by doing a sort, changing to a different pool, or adjusting any slider value. Also, if you refresh the page, the sliders initiate with the highest and lowest projections in your player pool, so it would show all of your players.

So, if you change a players projection outside of the range that was loaded when the page initialized, then you will run into this behavior.

Let me know if this is what is happening, I helped someone out via email with a similar issue.

Well it does usually happen with someone that's already projected pretty high. Like I said, it's happened with John Wall a couple times, Lebron once or twice, but I swear it's happened to min salary guys as well.

Just tested out what you're saying and that definitely appears to be what's going on. As far as it happening to min salary guys it's probably because I projected them past the value slider as well.

The weird thing is sometimes I feel like those guys didn't get into the lineups and sometimes they did. I just wonder what kind of lineups I missed out on. I've had slates where I know I projected some guys pretty high yet they didn't come up in my LU's. I just chalked it up to the algorithm or whatever maybe believing they weren't very optimal.

Guess I have to make sure I refresh the page again before crunching LU's just to be safe.

Just tested out what you're saying and that definitely appears to be what's going on. As far as it happening to min salary guys it's probably because I projected them past the value slider as well.

The same thing will happen if you lower a player as well, just on the min side of the slider.

theOtherDave, that's got to be it. I know I've changed player projections manually to where they would have exceeded the current slider settings so that makes perfect sense. Thanks for getting to the bottom of it, this hasn't been a huge issue for me but it's nice to know what's causing it.