This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: Lineup Projections for the Last Week (NBA)

Has something changed with your lineup projections? I track how the FC's base lineups (no changes) do each day using the rewind, and have been doing this for the last couple months. Usually the lineups are up in the 280 to 300+ range, but over the last week (Friday 3/27 to Yesterday 4/4) these lineups have been coming in significantly lower (excluding Thursday 4/2). My question is has something changed in who is doing the projections, something else, or just a bad week. The FC has been extremely helpful over the last few months, but this drop off recently is concerning.

Are you looking at the stddev each day? Every day is different, so just saying oh they scored 350 one day but 270 the next has no meaning. Unless you know the averages for the day and compare the stddev to that, then its kinda pointless. Anyway, to answer your question, no we have not hired a new monkey to throw darts for us we are using the same monkey as before :-)

tldr; nothing has changed.

The key "issue" with this question lies in the simple fact that the last few weeks of the NBA season are a total crapshoot.

No optimizer, no matter how good (and i consider FC the best) can predict some of the things we've been seeing in late season NBA.

Good point. If you are playing NBA be ready for A Ton of scratches, early exits etc.... And also a lot of no name high games.

This is the time of the season where I return to my roots!! Throwing darts at a board to pick lineups :) If anyone played DK mo-tu game I hope you played Myers Leonard and CJ McCollum :)