This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: NHL **BETA**

We have added support for NHL in our lineup-cruncher and lineup-rewind tools. Keep in mind this is currently in beta and we are working to fix all the little errors, player positions, missing players, missing stats etc. I have already received some good suggestions on ways of improving NHL as it is a little different than NBA or NFL. If you have any ideas, thoughts, comments or suggestions please leave them here. You guys are our best resource in knowing which areas to improve upon.

Thanks,
David

How often will projections be updated?

FC Team,

I know nothing about NHL, but I've started playing small stakes, $2 GPPs here and there and using the FC Tool and I've been cashing way more than I did in the past... Again, I know nothing about Hockey, so, I'm sure someone with a solid knowledge of the game / players could really benefit from FC.

Nice work fellas. Keep it up
-Cg

Hi,

Thanks so much for your NHL beta. While I know you're still in beta, one recommendation moving forward. Besides the difficulties with positions, which has already been noted, one problem I've noticed is that frequently your tool projects options that are top heavy with forwards and defensemen from one team. While this is fine, a problem occurs when your tool then selects the goalie from the opposition. For example, I've noticed the NHL tool frequently selecting up to four (4) players of the eight (8) available forwards and defensemen from one team and then selects the goalie that is playing the team with the four (4) non-goalies on it. Conceivably, this could be okay as the non-goalies could post a lot of shots (but not score) also giving the goalie a lot of saves. However, in reality a practice of selecting a bunch of scorers from one team and then the opposition goalie is going fail miserably far more often than it succeeds. In many ways, it is the equivalent of loading on MLB hitters from one team but then also rostering the opposing starting pitcher and closer, i.e. if multiple hitters on the same time all have good games it's almost certain the opposing pitcher will not.

This is a great point and something of which we are aware. This is definitely on the list of features to develop. I have suggested to Dave that perhaps we can give users the option of whether or not to force the optimizer to select a goalie against opposing skaters. That way, someone who is willing to be so bold (or insane) as to roster a goalie against four opposing skaters can do so.

Do you have to pay first before you use the projected lineups from this site?

Do you have to pay first before you use the projected lineups from this site?

To use the projections for the current day you will need to sign up for a premium account. Please see this post for additional details.https://www.fantasycruncher.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=433#p433

I live on the east coast and wanted to set up my lines for NHL for tonight. The Lineup cruncher has no players listed for today's games. When can I anticipate this being available on a daily basis....as a paying customer for this service. It is currently 0827 eastern time.
Thanks,
Chris

I live on the east coast and wanted to set up my lines for NHL for tonight. The Lineup cruncher has no players listed for today's games. When can I anticipate this being available on a daily basis....as a paying customer for this service. It is currently 0827 eastern time.
Thanks,
Chris

The info is up now. I have not setup NHL to trigger the update automatically just yet as I was still making sure some of the bugs are worked out. I will set this up to run nightly, the same as NBA, around 1AM EST. Sorry for the delay today.

FC Team,

I know nothing about NHL, but I've started playing small stakes, $2 GPPs here and there and using the FC Tool and I've been cashing way more than I did in the past... Again, I know nothing about Hockey, so, I'm sure someone with a solid knowledge of the game / players could really benefit from FC.

Nice work fellas. Keep it up
-Cg

If you dont mind me asking, what has been your tactic to creating a lineup?

I i have been playing around with the lineup cruncher for NHL and have found a way to get decent scores by a step by step proses. I tested it out in the rewind and checked the real score after I selected my lineup. On draft kings I avrage score of a lineup 28-30
And on fanduel i avrage a score of 25-28 when using my method. I have evan hit some grand slam lineups with the method getting as high a score as 50-60pts