This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: Hockey goalies

I'm new to playing hockey, but it occurs to me that it would be a good idea to include goalie as part of all lines, including power play lines. That way, for stacking purposes, if I want to stack a particular line, I can include the goalie in that stack. As it stands now, I don't see a way to do that. Thanks.

We are currently working on an update for hockey and will adress this post fully when the update is completed.

With our new update, this issue should be resolved as you can stack goalies with your lines now.

Has the update been deployed? If so, I can't seem to stack a goalie and 3 players from the same line. Can you provide instructions?

You can use Team Stacks in addition to Position stacks to get the desired results. Just add a rule to pair your goalie with 3 players:

There are some new things you can do now with Limit rules this year, that were not available last year. You can combine all 3, Team Stacks, Position Stacks, and Position Limits to get the desired lineups.

Does this update apply retroactively to lineup rewind for last year's contests?

Using parameters below, I could not get a legal team using rewind for last year's contests.

https://www.fantasycruncher.com/lineup-rewind/fanduel/NHL/2017-10-04

I'm new to playing hockey, but it occurs to me that it would be a good idea to include goalie as part of all lines, including power play lines. That way, for stacking purposes, if I want to stack a particular line, I can include the goalie in that stack. As it stands now, I don't see a way to do that. Thanks.

if you're new to hockey, you may want to watch this on youtube...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77YfgbSXZOk

it's from the MIT Sloan sports analytics conference in 2016.
these guys cracked the code and won big.
sorry to cruncher staff if i'm not supposed to link a youtube video.

Using parameters below, I could not get a legal team using rewind for last year's contests.

https://www.fantasycruncher.com/lineup-rewind/fanduel/NHL/2017-10-04

You will need to remove one of the team stacks, as those stacks would require 9 skaters, and Fanduel lineups only have 8.

"You will need to remove one of the team stacks, as those stacks would require 9 skaters, and Fanduel lineups only have 8."

I want the goalie to be the 4th player in the 4-man stack. Basically, I want to look at 4-3-2 stacking approach with the goalie as part of the 4. How do I do that?

"You will need to remove one of the team stacks, as those stacks would require 9 skaters, and Fanduel lineups only have 8."

I want the goalie to be the 4th player in the 4-man stack. Basically, I want to look at 4-3-2 stacking approach with the goalie as part of the 4. How do I do that?

The goalie is not part of a line. To do that you will need to make a 3-3-2 stack, and then set the goalie with the positional requirements that you have pictured. This will make one of the 3 players stacks a 4 player stack with the goalie.

Thank you - that worked.