This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: NHL Missing Player Stats

I have been using this site for a long time. When this site announced it was going to a paid site, I was supportive and decided to sign up for a subscription. I don't mind paying for a quality site, but it feels like I am paying for a work in progress.

I logged in this morning just to check to see how players did in the rewind tool yesterday. Many of them don't have updated stats. For instance, Alex Ovechkin has no score or value. Phil Kessel has no score or value (well, this is true in reality, but I had to point it out).

Looking back in the rewind tool, it would be helpful if the stats were updated for all players everyday. Seems that in some cases, there are numbers for players on some days and some days where nothing is in there. The stats obviously are important for the tool to work correctly.

What is your plan to improve this down the road?

We are currently pulling the stats from yahoo, which limits the number of requests we can pull. You definitely are paying for a work in progress. We are not going to stop working to improve the tools, but its not as if we had a dump truck back up and unload a ton of cash on our doorstep just yet. If you dont feel its worth paying for now, please stop. I would rather you be happy with the service you are paying for, maybe you can check us out a few months down the road. I am not sure if you are aware of how expensive just buying the stats currently is, but it is in the 5 figures.

I am pushing out the NHL stats from last night now, sorry for the few hour delay.

I apologize for the rough message. I guess that I was hoping for a more fully fledged product when the site went to a paid service. I think there is value here, but the value is limited when the stats are not updated or complete. Since I have used your site when it was free and saw a lot of great things here, I am going to continue to be a paid subscriber in order to support what you are doing.

Thanks for providing the update. I appreciate it.