This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: New Site Layout

We have pushed out an update that is a fairly large visual change we hope you will all appreciate. The focus was on improving the look and feel as well as designing the lineup cruncher page to work better on any screen size, including mobile.

The first thing you will notice is the sliders are no longer taking up any of the usable screen space, and they are located under a filter dropdown element. On mobile this will fill the screen so you can more easily set the filters. We left the position filters visible at all times, because those are used more often than the other filters.

On the table itself, we moved the Select checkboxes and Lock icons to the far left and we have disabled an old feature where you could select / unselect players by clicking on the player row. You can now select/unselect the player by clicking anywhere in the checkbox cell, and you can still click and drag over the select boxes to quickly select a group of players. If you do unselect a player, the row will dim to give a visual queue that the player is not in the player pool.

We moved the Advanced options link to the top row, alongside 'Upload Projections'. We did leave the link in the crunched tabs so it is still easily accessible while calculating.

We have made a ton of other minor improvements that I think add up to a much better experience. The mobile experience is definitely a night and day difference, in the past some of the features (the player stats window) were basically unusable. We have another update that I hope to have released in the next few days that will add a major usability enhancement that this redesign helped develop. In the meantime I wanted to get this updated version in your hands to get adjusted to the layout.

If anyone has any questions or feedback or needs any help finding anything (nothing was removed) in this new layout, please let me know!

This new look and feel is awesome! It is MUCH cleaner and easier to look at. I noticed it is much faster too!

The removal of select/unselect by row feature is excellent...too many times I would accidentally unselect a player by accident.

One bug I found is that several players you can't "like" (thumbs up). For example, Justin Anderson. In fact, if you sort by value, none of those guys you can like until you get down to D. Russell.

Keep up the great work!

Hello, just curious, when I now copy my player list and paste into excel, it pastes all of the info in one column, which it never did before.

Will it be like this going forward?

Thanks

I haven't experimented much with it so far, but when I click to copy the data, it all comes out in a single column when I paste it into a separate spreadsheet! I use your minutes projections with my own model, so this is inconvenient.

Hello, just curious, when I now copy my player list and paste into excel, it pastes all of the info in one column, which it never did before.

Thanks

No, we're looking into this, thanks for the bug reports.

Thanks

No, we're looking into this, thanks for the bug reports.[/quote]

For the time being, you can get 'table capture' for chrome extension and it will copy the table like it did before.

I have fixed the copy data issue, it will now work as expected with the data being pasted into separate columns.

This new look and feel is awesome! It is MUCH cleaner and easier to look at. I noticed it is much faster too!

The removal of select/unselect by row feature is excellent...too many times I would accidentally unselect a player by accident.

One bug I found is that several players you can't "like" (thumbs up). For example, Justin Anderson. In fact, if you sort by value, none of those guys you can like until you get down to D. Russell.

Keep up the great work!

Thanks for the bug report, we're working on it right now.

The issue with the thumbs (which was also affecting changing exposures and projections) for players not on the first page has been corrected.

When I run lineups I used to be able to see the floor (or ceiling) along with my projection number. Now I can't.
Major bummer. Hopefully this is an easy fix?

Go to the top left of the lineup card, click on the gear icon. You can adjust which columns you see.

I can't click and drag holding the left click to select or deselect multiple players now. I have to manually click each one, one by one. can this be updated?
input boxes are much better than sliders. Any chance you can remove all sliders and replace with input boxes?

I can't click and drag holding the left click to select or deselect multiple players now. I have to manually click each one, one by one. can this be updated?
input boxes are much better than sliders. Any chance you can remove all sliders and replace with input boxes?

You can, you just need to hover over on the left side under the select/deselect column. This is a compromise to the people who were selecting/deselecting accidentally.

You can, you just need to hover over on the left side under the select/deselect column. This is a compromise to the people who were selecting/deselecting accidentally.[/quote]

That is awesome, I actually like the new way much better than the old way. Nice changes. Love the new skin!

You can, you just need to hover over on the left side under the select/deselect column. This is a compromise to the people who were selecting/deselecting accidentally.[/quote]

That is awesome, I actually like the new way much better than the old way. Nice changes. Love the new skin![/quote]

It actually is slightly improved as well. Previously it would toggle the current state of the player, so if you missed a row and had to go back, it would reverse players you may have been trying to select/unselect.

Now, the first player you check/uncheck is the stored intention. So if you uncheck the first player and start dragging, you can drag over any player checked and they will uncheck and if you drag over an unchecked player it will leave them unchecked.

Looks like a BUG in Safari (not sure about others), where you can't rename the lineups now. I see the pencil icon (which I assume is how you rename them now), but when I click on it EVERYTHING on the page becomes selected and there is no way to name the lineup.

Love all the updates!

Greg

I preferred the old layout personally, but I understand the changes.

Well done.

When I try to create lineups based on Highest Ceiling none of my lineups are exceeding a 425 ceiling. I disabled all groups and everything, it almost feels like by using the thumbs the projections arent including players with high ceilings.

What site are you playing on? What slate are you playing on? Do you have any salary constraints?

What site are you playing on? What slate are you playing on? Do you have any salary constraints?

Im playing on Fanduel, no salary restraints, only using the thumbs on players and not one line has exceeded 250. I even removed the thumbs and the same thing is happening, this is for the Main slate

Can you send and e-mail to support or post here if you don't mind showing your screen with a screenshot of your table and the top lineups that are being produced?

When I calculate by ceiling on FD with all the games on, this is what I see:

Looks like a BUG in Safari (not sure about others), where you can't rename the lineups now. I see the pencil icon (which I assume is how you rename them now), but when I click on it EVERYTHING on the page becomes selected and there is no way to name the lineup.

Love all the updates!

Greg

I added a possible fix for this issue, but I do not have a mac currently to test. Can you test it now and see if there is an issue any longer.

a quick link to adding players to groups would be useful in stead of having to rember names and type them in thanks

Love all the updates!

Greg

I added a possible fix for this issue, but I do not have a mac currently to test. Can you test it now and see if there is an issue any longer.[/quote]

I tested in in Safari on my Mac and it still does it. I did try it in Chrome on the Mac and the issue does not happen there. LMK if/when you need me to test again (this or other Mac-testing), and I'd be happy to help.

Aside: I have to use use Safari instead of Chrome because of a known performance issue on Chrome that keeps happeneing: Chrome Helper processes duplicating and sucking CPU. Since FantastCruncher uses so much CPU, I had to switch as I can't crank out lineups in time.

Best Regards,
Greg

Can you send and e-mail to support or post here if you don't mind showing your screen with a screenshot of your table and the top lineups that are being produced?

When I calculate by ceiling on FD with all the games on, this is what I see:

No worries, I think it may be fixed. I havent entered my projections yet, but that may be what affected it yesterday, I will be entering my projections again today, I will let you know if I have any issues.

Love all the updates!

Greg

I added a possible fix for this issue, but I do not have a mac currently to test. Can you test it now and see if there is an issue any longer.[/quote]

I tested in in Safari on my Mac and it still does it. I did try it in Chrome on the Mac and the issue does not happen there. LMK if/when you need me to test again (this or other Mac-testing), and I'd be happy to help.

Aside: I have to use use Safari instead of Chrome because of a known performance issue on Chrome that keeps happeneing: Chrome Helper processes duplicating and sucking CPU. Since FantastCruncher uses so much CPU, I had to switch as I can't crank out lineups in time.

Best Regards,
Greg[/quote]

I have removed the code for now that auto selects the text when the pencil is clicked. That was the part that was not compatible across all browsers. It should work now, just without the little touch of auto selecting all the Tabs text.

a quick link to adding players to groups would be useful in stead of having to rember names and type them in thanks

We have had a way to do this since the groups have been released, but its not all that apparent, and it may be something we look to improve in the future. For now, you can add any players selected to a group easily from the top checkbox dropdown. If you drop it down, the last option is add players to group, where you can add them to existing groups, or create a new group. Here is a (little outdated) video, where I demo using it to add in players from a salary range:

https://youtu.be/TVLgavSvQo0

Sorry if this has already been answered, but what do the grey outlines around certain players mean?

Sorry if this has already been answered, but what do the grey outlines around certain players mean?

I think you are referring to players thats are unselected and therefore not included in the calculation process.

If the player is grayed out like this:

It means the player is not in your player pool. You can click the checkbox on the left to select them.

If the player is grayed out like this:

It means the player is not in your player pool. You can click the checkbox on the left to select them.[/quote]
Sorry, I guess there's a bug that cause players to remain highlighted even after being selected. Using the "select only my projections" option will select them, but they remain grey in Firefox if they were previously unselected.

Now all the floors for the players are incorrect, this actually messed me up 2 hours before todays lock..... I'm looking at tomorrows slate and none of the floors are correct. The minutes are off as well...

Now all the floors for the players are incorrect, this actually messed me up 2 hours before todays lock..... I'm looking at tomorrows slate and none of the floors are correct. The minutes are off as well...

Floors and ceilings are affected by your projections. None of that was changed with this latest update. The minutes for NBA are not correct when the data initially loads, we go back in after the initial data load and change these.

i seen it today on quick link to groups before went to read this post i had just never seen it before but i figured it out thank you give me better understanding with your link

I guess there isnt a way to move the Groups around, for example if I want to apply groups for each player, that isnt possible is it?

I guess there isnt a way to move the Groups around, for example if I want to apply groups for each player, that isnt possible is it?

Could you explain what you mean? The reason groups exist is to do things that you would normally have to do with every player, but with a smaller group of them.

Help! The "Download # Lineups to CSV" no longer works. Clicking on it does nothing, whereas it's supposed to pup up a save dialog.

I tried a hard refresh, as well as close/reopen of the site, and neither helped.

This works fine on Chrome, but Chrome for the Mac has performance issues.

Thanks,
Greg

Help! The "Download # Lineups to CSV" no longer works. Clicking on it does nothing, whereas it's supposed to pup up a save dialog.

I tried a hard refresh, as well as close/reopen of the site, and neither helped.

This works fine on Chrome, but Chrome for the Mac has performance issues.

Thanks,
Greg

I cannot reproduce this issue on firefox or IE, and I have had it tested on Safari on Mac and that is reportedly working as intended. This is the first report we have had of this, so I do not think it is a widespread issue at this time. Please email support@fantasycruncher.com for help working through this issue.

I'm actually clicking the Download CSV and getting a blank file when I open it. Trying NHL lineups atm.

Yes I have my lineups all selected. It currently says 'Download 20 Lineups as CSV'.

I'm actually clicking the Download CSV and getting a blank file when I open it. Trying NHL lineups atm.

Yes I have my lineups all selected. It currently says 'Download 20 Lineups as CSV'.

We have been experiencing some intermittent issues with the site today. We are working on identifying the cause now. This is not an interface issue, this is something that is affecting the stability of the site. If you refresh and try it once more, you should be able to download.

We have been experiencing some intermittent issues with the site today. We are working on identifying the cause now. This is not an interface issue, this is something that is affecting the stability of the site. If you refresh and try it once more, you should be able to download.[/quote]

The problem was a disk space issue. This has been corrected, and everything should be back to normal.

Love the new look! Also the Moxyball content was something the site really need it! Keep up the good work fellas!

Love the new look! Also the Moxyball content was something the site really need it! Keep up the good work fellas!

Thanks, lez - appreciate it! Glad you are enjoying the articles. Don't hesitate to get in touch with questions or comments on the content side of things as well. Always looking to gather feedback and input so we deliver the best possible product(s) for our members.

When optimizing lines, I don't think it is giving me the optimal line from the jump as it did prior. I have to sort and sift through to try and find the lineup I want to use. Obviously, this is a process, but I just wanted to note my concern.

When optimizing lines, I don't think it is giving me the optimal line from the jump as it did prior. I have to sort and sift through to try and find the lineup I want to use. Obviously, this is a process, but I just wanted to note my concern.

We do save your settings in advanced options now, so if you have them set to non default options, this may be whats happening. Otherwise, it will absolutely give you the optimal lineup based on the inputs that are available.

It should be giving you the lineup with the highest projected score, unless you have randomness or likes/dislikes which makes invisible edits to the projections. If you are not getting the lineup with the highest projected score total, then that's a bug. This of course does not mean "the lineup I want to use most". We have no way of measuring that, and we don't expect our users to just take the top lineup. It just gives you a top lineup determined by a well defined objective.