This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: December 2016 update

Just pushed out an update to the site, here are some of the items you may notice:

[h]NBA[/h]
Added Average_Usg (average usage) and Avg_Mins (average minutes) Columns to Lineup Cruncher.
Added Actual Mins column to Lineup Rewind
Added Proj Mins table filter to Lineup Rewind
Added Usage to Stats window game logs

[i]For Drafkings / Yahoo / FC_Draft NBA[/i]
Fixed bug with selecting positions for FLEX
Added ability to select position to use in G and F slots

[h]Contests Links[/h]

We have added a cool new feature that I think will come in very handy. At the top of the Lineup Rewind and Lineup Cruncher pages for Draftkings and Fanduel, you will see a link titled "Draftkings( or Fanduel) Contests". This will open up a window that lists past contests with the Top Score and Cutline Score recorded. We also link to the contest there, but those links stop working after a while when the sites remove those contests. This will be a way to preserve info moving forward as a reference point. If you have ever wondered how lineups would fare on a given slate this will be the way to check. We were able to go back and get most of the contest data from this year on Fanduel, but Draftkings had already removed a lot of contests from their site, so this data will start accumulating moving forward.

Let us know if you have any questions or feedback!

Contest Links!! :D

What a great addition. I really like upgrade a lot.

Nice additions, keep up the great work.

Good stuff!

Now this is awesome and really useful! Thanks.!

"This will open up a window that lists past contests with the Top Score and Cutline Score recorded."

Very nice! Now I gotta go make sure the FC copy data columns still work in my spreadsheet...

Fantastic additions!!!

outstanding!

A filter on the contest links page would be a great addition.

great additions. love the site and the new stuff.

can you fix the game log where the Lakers, Suns, and Spurs show up as different name in 2014-15 as they do in the next 2 years.. Lakers were LAK but now are LAL. Suns were PHO and now PHX. Spurs were SAS but now SA. Thanks again!

What is average usage and is it the same as average minutes?

Great additions guys, congrats

What is average usage and is it the same as average minutes?

from basketball reference: Usg%
Usage Percentage (available since the 1977-78 season in the NBA); the formula is 100 * ((FGA + 0.44 * FTA + TOV) * (Tm MP / 5)) / (MP * (Tm FGA + 0.44 * Tm FTA + Tm TOV)). Usage percentage is an estimate of the percentage of team plays used by a player while he was on the floor.

Very useful for avoiding guys like Kyle Korver who is a starter, plays 28+ mins a game but still manages to average 11 Fpts per game since he has very low usage.

Thanks, complicated formula but very useful! Glad you calculate it for us :)

Is there any way you can add filtering by the number of thumbs?

Is there any way you can add filtering by the number of thumbs?

thats a pretty good idea, I will add to my list.

Contests Links ... love this feature thank you for adding it! One question:

For FanDuel, there are often additional $3 tournaments "Shot #2" or even "Shot #3" that come up after the "Shot #1" fills up. However, I didn't see these tournaments linked. They don't appear every day, but many days they do because the Shot 1 fills up early.

If that could be added, that would be great. I often wondered how those tournies stack up ... though I have some idea.

For FanDuel, there are often additional $3 tournaments "Shot #2" or even "Shot #3" that come up after the "Shot #1" fills up. However, I didn't see these tournaments linked. They don't appear every day, but many days they do because the Shot 1 fills up early.

If that could be added, that would be great. I often wondered how those tournies stack up ... though I have some idea.

They may or may not be included. We check every hour for tournaments in the lobby, but if one of those tournaments starts and fills within the hour, then it will not be included. We may tweak this at some point, but that is what is currently happening.

edit: After posting this, I think maybe if we just changed our check to every hour on the :30 min mark, then it should catch most of them. I will make that change, it should help some. Thanks, for pointing that out.

They may or may not be included. We check every hour for tournaments in the lobby, but if one of those tournaments starts and fills within the hour, then it will not be included. We may tweak this at some point, but that is what is currently happening.

edit: After posting this, I think maybe if we just changed our check to every hour on the :30 min mark, then it should catch most of them. I will make that change, it should help some. Thanks, for pointing that out.[/quote]

Ahh ... that makes sense. I do think 30 minutes will catch a lot more of them, especially the smaller ones that appear and fill up quickly (like those later GPPs after the bigger boys fill).

Overall ... I love this addition.

Your new page with the contest links...the And-One "Prize" for cutoff is always $2, when in reality min cash is $1.50. Just a small bug there.

We were rounding the display to the dollar. I have edited it so that it will display in dollars and cents.

By FAR the best website out there. For our sake as players, I hope nobody else knows about it, that's how happy I am with it

Any chance we can add a filter option for each generated position? For example, lets say I don't want my WR3 to be above/below a certain price range or projected points.