This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: Max lineups in pool

If you try to create too many lineups for too few players/limiting settings then it fires an error that says something like "only 18 lineups were generated with pool". Any reason you can't have that shown before hand; next to the slider bar for lineups to generate preferably? Even further, I'd suggest just making the max cap of the lineup slider to be the maximum available lineups with current settings.

Either way, I think it would be a great addition to know before hand how many lineups your settings can generate with the parameters specified...without making it fail to find out (and I believe exposure doesn't work if it fails).

This is because we don't know how many possible lineups there are with your set of constraints until we try to generate them. The logistics to do what you are asking for is very costly computationally. One would need to solve for every possible lineup, and we're talking about numbers larger than number of stars in the universe. Then we'd have to go through and filter out only the ones that fit your criteria real time. Both of these steps would require a lot more computing power than we're capable of.

Would it be harmful to add an 'ideal amount' button? Let the computer decide based on settings provided?

My main concern is that exposure does not work if the pool fail message fires. If you have players set at 80%, they'll still fire 100% if the value's right. That can't be as intended.

Would it be harmful to add an 'ideal amount' button? Let the computer decide based on settings provided?

My main concern is that exposure does not work if the pool fail message fires. If you have players set at 80%, they'll still fire 100% if the value's right. That can't be as intended.

Thats why we also have the each setting for exposures. This will apply the exposure as it creates each lineup, not on the number of lineups requested. This should solve that issue for you.

Side note, if you ever reach that limit, you should check the quality of the last lineup. There's a good chance it's absolute trash if it's the worst possible lineup.