This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: Only want 1 combo of a trio

Let's say I want 3 Hitters from ARI and 4 players from SEA (with the ARI Pitcher). Is there a way I can crunch 3 specific ARI Hitters in only one lineup? What I don't want is for the cruncher to spit out a 4/3 stack with Mike Trout as the last hitter, and then spit out the same players but replacing Trout with Calhoun. To clarify, I want to use hitters 1, 2, 3 for ARI, then hitters 1, 2, 4, and then hitters 1, 2, 5, etc. But I don't want the use the 1, 2, 3 hitters twice.

I guess one way is to lock hitters 1, 2 and then put hitters 3-8 in a group, require that I use exactly one of them, and change the exposure of each of them to 16.7% and crunch 6 lineups at a time but there must be a faster way.

This is an interesting question, and does kind of relate to a similar question I was asked over the weekend, where a user wanted to play all combinations of 2 different groups. This may be something we can add into groups, I will look into it.

Even simpler related question that probably doesn't involve groups...can you have a box that you can check where the 4 players from any stack can include the pitcher (i.e., could be 4 batters or 3 batter and one pitcher) decided solely on the generated optimized lineups?