This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: if only there was an eSports cruncher for DK

apparently the eSports on draftkings is becoming a big deal. (well, maybe a small deal)
so i jumped into the free contest (4 am start today) and downloaded the csv file from draftkings.
using an excel spreadsheet and finding value stats, based on past points and salary, i actually came in 218th out of 1063 with about 7 minutes worth of time.
now i don't know diddly about league of legends (or whatever they were playing), but i know about value and how to use a spreadsheet.
(i ended up with a zero score in a flex spot, so knowing a little more would've helped.)
however, i'm sure if i could've optimized my lineup with the help of cruncher, i'd have been better off.
dave and tai should look into this when they aren't doing anything else. (yes, i'm kidding)

anyway, there looks to be a huge overlay in these games, so you guys may want to take a look and scrape up a few bucks.
you also get to play in "beginner games" on 50/50's to start out. (i haven't played beginner anything for a long time)
the 50/50's only had ten players and looked to have a hard time filling very many.
there's a $3k prize pool for june 2nd with multi entry set at 20 times for $5 entry.

It such a tiny market right now, if it grows I am sure we will figure out a way to support it, but it is very low on our radar at the moment. MMA and Soccer are definitely more likely to happen currently.

Soccer is going to be big once they get the EU and Asia market. Need to be running commercials like crazy over seas.