This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: Limit exposure to a player

I love the Unique player feature you have, but it would also be nice if there were an advanced setting to allow me to limit my exposure to any given player. I like to generate 100 lineups to see a broad spectrum of players, but I'd like to be able to say, for example, that no player should show up in more than x% of lineups. So, a simple Exposure box with the ability to manually enter some %

Thanks

I love the Unique player feature you have, but it would also be nice if there were an advanced setting to allow me to limit my exposure to any given player. I like to generate 100 lineups to see a broad spectrum of players, but I'd like to be able to say, for example, that no player should show up in more than x% of lineups. So, a simple Exposure box with the ability to manually enter some %

Thanks

I pretty much was looking for the same thing. Like the other night I liked Millsap and not realizing til afterward that he was in 100% of my LU's. I liked Zebo but maybe for about 20%. Tonight I liked Channing Frye but they put him in every lineup, knew I wouldn't win jack with that but in a couple it may have worked nicely. LIked Montiejunas but he was in nothing till I had to change his projected score to fit him in some. Took Frye out and was able to have AD and Gasol in some LU's together which obviously is nice but still. It's tough when you have like 3 centers and the one you like the least is in everyone of them while your hunch is in none. I like your projections, that's why I use you but I would like to have that control. RG lets you favor as well as lock but I like your projections better. Sorry for rambling, thanks for listening.

I think part of the challenge may be in the way the lineups are generated by the Cruncher. Anecdotally, it looks like it searches for the first PG that meets value and then builds around that. For example, if you set the program to 1 unique player and asked for 100 lineups, DRose would have been in every single lineup. Even if you asked for 2 unique players, DRose was still in almost every lineup.