This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: Server Update - Move to Amazon Web Services

Here is the latest update on our server / hosting situation. Im sure most of you are aware we had some issues with our previous setup and finally made the change to Amazon Web Services to host all of our servers on Monday, Jan 11th.

In October / Nov we outgrew our original web server we were hosted on. We made the upgrade to a larger cloud server on the same web host (webfaction). This actually ended up working out great for about a month. Webfaction makes it very easy to setup new servers which allowed us to not worry too much about the actual management of the server. We then had some issues with the webhost and their network collapsing, and our particular cloud server had additional issues that since we didn't have complete control over, we were at the mercy of the tech support at webfaction to get things corrected. All of this finally lead us to leave webfaction and move to Amazon.

Amazon is the Cadillac of cloud servers, this is where the majority of large scale sites are run including Fanduel and Draftkings. Setting this all up was a manual and labor intensive process, but something we now have complete control over. We worked with an outside engineer to help get everything setup correctly to handle not just growth, but the large traffic spikes we see during crunch time. We have separated our database servers from our web servers and are now running a cluster of servers to handle all requests without any slowdowns. We are very confident in this new setup and can handle pretty much any amount of traffic thrown our way.

The stability and reliability of FantasyCruncher has been a primary focus of mine the past few weeks and I am happy to say we are now well equipped for the foreseeable future. I want to thank everyone who stuck with us during frustrating times, it does not go unnoticed. We will now get back to innovating and developing new features and functions and I look forward to a big 2016!

yes!!! yes!!! yes!!!

Joy Defined
Joy isn’t like happiness which is based upon happenings or whether things are going well or not. No, joy remains even amidst the suffering. Joy is not happiness. Joy is an emotion that’s acquired by the anticipation, acquisition or even the expectation of something great or wonderful.

Thank you for the update.