This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: Thanks, But.....

Been using the free subscription for 3 days now... After using 20 different NBA lineups from this site, I have yet to even win a penny... Most of the time i come in dead last or close to it... I filter the consistency to around 40%, salary to 4,000 and up, prediction points to 20 or above, and defense to position to 7 or above.... It seems like if it's my job to actually figure out what the players might actually score, then I would be doing all the work myself and making my own picks, thus really paying for nothing... I don't understand why I would have to pay to do all the work myself... Very frustrating... Unfortunately, my free 7 day subscription will not be renewed as i am not paying 30 a month for me to do the work myself... At least I was winning something making my own blind picks ... Thanks anyway..

"I don't reallly know anything about the NBA much"

Or DFS in general. Or economics, human nature, variance, probability, etc. I'm not trying to be rude, but you really need to rethink DFS if you hope to stay afloat (much less make any $).

I've made money... Not much, but after putting $45 into draft kings, I now have $120 into the account, but it was all on my own, not some paying site that still requires you to do all the work.. I've lost money since using this along with other lineup optimizers...

Make your own projections, upload them to FC and use the optimizer for best results.

For NBA, wait until as close to lock time as possible to catch late lineup changes.

The point was to count on the site projections... If I have to make my own projections then I can make my own picks,... No need to pay $30 a month if I sill have to do the leg work

I don't have insider news and definitely don't know actually who is going to be hot or cold on any given night but yet people can pick a perfect lineup every night... Just seems the DFS sites cater to their VIP high paying customers including letting them change a lineup here and there in the middle of the game.... Sites like this should have more insight on a players projection than I do.... This is what they do for a living... Other have to work and have families and don't have the time to keep up with all the details... I guess I thought that sites like this, would know more than an amateur like me, but i guess not..

so tandv73, i have a question...
the first time you went out and bought toilet paper, you must've thought it would be a good tool to clean your bum.
did you actually expect it to clean your bum for you or did you maybe think you needed to put a little work into the process yourself?
just curious because i'm not sure you understand simple concepts of well thought out tools that accomplish wonderful things if you put a little work into them.
sorry to see you go. i don't work for cruncher, i just love the product.

I bought toilet paper knowing ahead of time that I would have to wipe my ass.... I thought this site did the work for you... It does seem that the people in the sports business could make better projections than me... Evidently my projections and this sites projections suck because I get beat badly... Once again, the only games I am winning on tonight are ones I picked without any research... Just look at the averages and matchups... Every lineup fro here has lost badly again even on a tourney with just 2 games and having all the filters set to arrange the 25 highest scoring players with good matchups...

I will give you a little insight on why I originally developed this tool. I challenge you to go to a previous night, where you KNOW all of the players actual scores, and put together the best lineup by hand. On most nights, you simply can't do it. So even if you know the outcomes, you couldn't assemble the optimal lineup. That's what FC does for you.

We offer our insights and projections to the players, but this is simply a tool, and the better you get at using the tool, the better results you can expect. Also, it is clear that you have done some things yourself, adjust filters and such, so it is evident that you do want to put some work in. Im sorry you did not get the results you expected, and I understand FC is not for everyone. Thanks for checking us out anyway, good luck in DFS.

gratitude -- the quality of being thankful. readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.
me personally, i'm thankful for cruncher.
if someone starts a thread with thanks.... comma.... but...
maybe gratitude was not what they had in mind.
he got to try an awesome product that the pros use (and love) for a few days at no cost whatsoever.
no commas or buts, just be thankful.
and now back to my regularly scheduled programming of using this awesome tool.

I am thankful... Sorry I came across wrong... My fault... I guess I wanted an all in one tool... I just wasn't expecting to have to figure out projections myself... I thought Vegas did that... I will work on my projecting and then maybe give Fantasy Cruncher a try then... Sorry if I was rude, I was just frustrated coming in near last place.... I won $35 on a 25 cent game last night just looking at averages and matchups...I am much better at NFL than NBA which is why I was looking for some help... This just wasn't the help I was needing.. I would be glad to be someone's apprentice and learn from a pro Lol... Thanks guys... (OH, by the way, I can't access the site anymore from my pc... I can from a friends, but not mine after yesterday.... Not sure if somehow my IP was blocked or what)... Good luck to everyone and I was serious about the apprentice request...

Hi tandv73,

There is no site that does the work for you. If that was the case everyone would be winning at DFS. You have to make the effort. Even the players you picked on your own had to have had some research involved or prior knowledge involved.

This website is for crunching numbers and spitting out lineups.

If you are not at least tweaking the provided projections and using the other features like unique players, exposure percent, max/min salary, max/min players from team, like/dislike and finally the most powerful of all: Include/exclude you are missing out on what the site is for.

**Edit
A good way to get rolling is to download the provided projections and aggregate them with the projections from 3 or 4 other sites. Rotogrinders, Numberfire, and daily fantasy nerd provide free projections and update them somewhat regularly.

Once aggregated, upload them to fantasy cruncher for the next part.

Now in FC, start looking for players your really like to lock. For example Westbrook in a good matchup, or Top 10 rebounder facing the bulls or celtics. I have a list of about 10 different situations I look for when locking players. I usually lock anywhere from 1 player to 3 or 4 max.

The next step is solving for lineups and kicking out the potential duds. I solve for 10 lineups and then look through each to see who needs to be eliminated. This is mostly the cheap players (< $4500) that have been "over-projected". I use Pts/$ and last 3 game averages to figure out which cheap players get the boot.

Once I have eliminated a few players I solve again and repeat the process until I am comfortable with whats been presented. I then either enter all 10 in a GPP or cherry pick ones high floor for H2H or 50/50s

Once you get comfortable with the basics you can take advantage of features like exposure and unique players to really generate powerful lineups.

Hope that helps.

projections are just projections. it's not a guarantee. it does take some work. you need to know what is a gpp play and what is a cash play. the projections, for the most part, are decent, but to use them blindly is foolish.