This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: any possibility of an mma skeleton?

about mid july i started entering 5 free head to heads on draftkings mma games so i could have scores from every fighter.
some nights on cash 50/50's not every fighter is used, so i wanted to start tracking everyone for a stat base.
it's a small sample so far, but i now have 192 scores for fighters along with their salaries.
i also have vegas/offshore odds (30 minutes before lock) on the fighters converted to projected win percentages.
with an excel sort i can "bucket" them into categories and look up the past points scored for fighters that fall into that range bucket of salary and also projected win percentages.
so fighter 5B with a salary of $X should get about X points and with a projected win percentage of "Y" he should get about "Y" points.
this gives me a good idea of what the possible points total could be for every fighter on the card and the value plays pop off the screen.
i also started tracking the ufc.com fantasy game picks for the fighters because they show projected win percentages on that "game".
sometimes when the fantasy players and vegas are out of whack, you can find some lower priced fighters with a good chance to win.
anyway, i'm above water so far, but would love it if there was even a blank skeleton that i could enter my own projections into and then cruncher could spit out the best lineups.
something like...
fighter 1a projection __
fighter 1b
fighter 2a
fighter 2b
and so on.

thanks in advance for any help you can bring.

I second this! I'd really like a way to organize multi-entry in the Draftkings MMA contests. I'd like the ability to tell the algo to disallow fighters going head to head and also disallow leaving a certain amount of salary on the table, but outside of that I'd be comfortable putting in my own projections.

I think this is likely in the pipeline, so possibly after the NFL season starts we can take a good look at adding MMA.

bumping this back into the stream of consciousness.
the pay per view this saturday should be a good one.

holy moly. doing this long-hand sucks because an MMA skeleton doesn't exist yet, but dang...
villante 112.5 pts
walsh 71.5
mathews 103.0
noke 114.5
holm 94.0
total points 495.5
combined salary $49.9k
now of course i got lucky with holm being the lowest salary and using her because of it.
she shocked the world, but the cash still spends the same way.
lots of big mma cards coming up.
i guess i'll have to find someone who can make an excel optimizer for all my data. (see post #1)