This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: Tie's Thoughts: Exposure Settings and its Pitfalls

This is an article I've wanted to write about for a while, it's fairly long because it isn't an easy thing to explain concisely. These are the types of articles that I want to write. I will be writing another one of these on uniqueness settings very soon. Any critique or criticism is appreciated.

Link to the Article

Thank you Tie, this is very valuable information. I guess I've been wasting a ton of money by setting the global exposure to 50% on a large set of lineups. Oh well, live and learn. I look forward to your next article.

can we get a repost on this article please :)

can we get a repost on this article please :)

Yes, I apologize. While merging everything from moxyball in, we lost some of our original content. We plan to put this back and have a whole new content section up very soon.

Thank you Tie, this is very valuable information. I guess I've been wasting a ton of money by setting the global exposure to 50% on a large set of lineups. Oh well, live and learn. I look forward to your next article.

Since the article is not in the link currently, were you referring to global player exposure at 50% for each individual player so that you will never have any of these players end up in more than 50% of your lineups on a given slate?

I do the same thing as what I just wrote, but usually use 60%. Was there something in the article that made you change your mind about doing this? I spend a lot of time going through 200+ players and changing them from the default 100% to the 60% I want, one by one. It takes a loooong time! I really hate being in a hurry and not having time to set them to 60%, because then if I make 100 lineups, I might get the same player in all 100 lineups, which I never want...especially in a completely volatile sport like baseball where you can easily get 0 points on any given night from any player. Any input would be appreciated from anyone on this topic. Thank you.

Since the article is not in the link currently, were you referring to global player exposure at 50% for each individual player so that you will never have any of these players end up in more than 50% of your lineups on a given slate?

I do the same thing as what I just wrote, but usually use 60%. Was there something in the article that made you change your mind about doing this? I spend a lot of time going through 200+ players and changing them from the default 100% to the 60% I want, one by one. It takes a loooong time! I really hate being in a hurry and not having time to set them to 60%, because then if I make 100 lineups, I might get the same player in all 100 lineups, which I never want...especially in a completely volatile sport like baseball where you can easily get 0 points on any given night from any player. Any input would be appreciated from anyone on this topic. Thank you.[/quote]

Did you know you can change them all at once? In advanced options, there is a setting to globally change them all. You can also filter, and apply the exposures to just the visible players.

So for example, click on the QB position. Then open advanced options, and change the exposure number to 60, and click "change viewable".

This will change all the QBs to 60%. If you click, change all, it will change everyone. This is a quick way to set a base, and then if needed you can go through and adjust a few players as needed. Hope this saves you some time!