This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: TE Gary Barnidge

This seems to be a common topic, whether it be MLB or Pro football but missing players seems to be a common occurrence around here.

I'm not good enough to know that Gary Barndige was missing. I use the Lineup Cruncher, Look at FC projection for each position Then do research based on those projections, I then narrow down to my field of players and use the tool to see how they fit together.

Upon a SEARCH of the forum, i see when this comes up the question as to WHERE you get your lineups from is asked and it is never been answered directly. The feed back is "if you notice a player is missing....email...let us know"

so WHERE do you get your lineups and PLEASE answere while i figure out way to CHECK if the lineups you have MATCH those on Drafkings....?

We are not missing Gary Barndige, but we do not display him by default because if we displayed all the really bad players it would be counter productive to our users, as well as slowing the entire system down for our users. He was projected for 0 points, there are a slew of players projected for under 3 points (our default cutoff for display) somewhere in the neighborhood of 500. The point is, you stated yourself you are not good enough to know who Gary Barnidge is, so how would you pick him out of the 500 to know he is the guy that shouldn't be projected low?

If you would like to display all the players, go to your my profile page (https://www.fantasycruncher.com/my-profile) and under the settings tab change the Minimum player score threshold to 0.

Gary Barnidge should NEVER be in consideration for you when you're building your Fantasy Team.

You can also go to player manager and add a player with a projection of 20 so they show up. The red/green color shows how much above or below the default projection that 20 pts is and adjust accordingly.

Gary Barnidge should NEVER be in consideration for you when you're building your Fantasy Team.

Well as part of my research I like to look at the fantasy points against a TEAM by position, and NUMBER 1 was Oakland as the WORST team against an apposing team Tight END and If I had seen the Cleveland Browns Tight End ( I think i looked probably not)then maybe I cold use MY OWN JUDGMENT to take a flier on the guy by including him as a cheap option in my rotation, NEVER SAY NEVER kiddo... you never know. I only had a 5 man option on tight ends (was 4./5 on them performance wise) I should have KNOWN that Tyler Eferet was suspect

A. Because Cin Vs BAL was was a DIVISIONAL RIVAL matchup
B. because as bad as Baltimore's D has been they (according to the stats of Fantasy points AGAINST) they were STOUT against tight ends.... consequently on a SMALL portion of my lineups i got a zero for that position
NEVER SAY NEVER, maybe I would have used him as a last minute

Also I'm stunned at what seems to be a very condescending response BY the staff and OTHER members to my question. I can understand the other members maybe but the STAFF?

pish posh

Let me be the first to say, congrats on your foresight on Barnidge, I really hope you didn't get persuaded off of playing him. We want our forums to have open discussions about sports, and when there's open discussion and opinions, there will be some levels of disrespect. As long as it stays on topic, we won't moderate it. Anyways, you definitely earned bragging/call out rights.

The thing about why we set the default for minimum projection to be 3, is because there are a LOT of eligible players in the NFL, and if we were to put all the players into our table, the experience will be much worse for many of our customers because it will slow down the load process and your average computer will definitely feel it. Most of our new users (like yourself) don't know this, and we get e-mails asking about why player x,y or z aren't showing up. That is our fault, we don't have a solution on how to convey this default floor that we've set to new users without them asking. Most of the time, there is no harm, but on occasion we miss big value plays like Mr. Barnidge, that will be up to players like you who clearly have done more detailed research than us to make those adjustment changes.

Also, if you see projections that you think are clearly off, let us know (like you did), it could be that we have not made adjustments based on news or there was an error with our projection algorithm.