This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: Congrats!

I see that FantasyCruncher took down the Slam tonight on FanDuel for a cool $15,000. Nice job!

It would be great if you could provide a little insight into your process for lineup construction and how you use FC as a tool. None of the default lineups had Morrow (you did), so I'm curious what you're thinking was. Other info like how many lineups you entered, etc. would be helpful to learn.

Cheers!

Yeah I would also like to know how you created your lineup

Congrats

Grzts to FC in the shot and Oreo in all the others.

Big wins tonight.

First off congrats! Oreo and FC killed it yesterday.

I see by looking at FC's Shot winning lineup that he left $2600 of salary on the table for his winning lineup. Pretty sure they both must have locked in 5-6 players and spit out multiple lineups based on that. If I run FC without locking in a bunch of players, it will never leave that much salary, even in small slates like last night.

Kudos to them!

We decided to put in 500 lineups yesterday in the shot. Being a 2 game slate we knew there are only so many playable combos. We eliminated a few guys from the pool, the most notable being Kirk Hinrich and Aaron Affalo. If either of those guys miraculously go off we were screwed. We eliminated I think 6 players in total, the rest were scrubs. We set the minimum salary used to 57000, which was just a rough guess and as it turned out a good one as the winning salary was $57,400. Without setting the min sal, you would get some lineups that drop as low as around 55,000. We then went through and locked a few key players and generated 100 lineups, like we locked Brook lopez and had 100, locked noah/mirotic and had 100, locked noah and excluded mirotic and had 100, locked Chandler and did 100 and locked kanter and did 100. I used the 2 unique players option under advanced to try and get the lineups to be a little more diverse.

We got really lucky to win the shot. For a long time last night there was a 465 way tie for 1st, which we also had that lineup, but the lineup that won was a few points back and had rondo. I was rooting pretty hard for it when I saw that no one shared that lineup with us. Rondo came on late and it was the matthews injury that helped seal the deal. It was pretty cool, and I am looking forward to giving it another crack the next 2 game slate!

Nice work Guys!!

And that is the smart way to use the cruncher.

Well done.

Shows you how hard it can be to win, even with a two game slate.

How did you enter 500 lineups into Fanduel in time for Tip off!!!!!

When you say 500 line ups, is that 100 for each of the individual players you locked. (Lopez, Noah, Kanter, Chandler, Noah/Mirotic)

yes any tips for entering multi lineups the fastest would be great. trying to enter in 20+ and catch last update can be challenging with updates sometimes around 10 minutes before lineups lock

I'd also like to know how in the world you entered 500 linueps? Even distributing the work among 5 guys is an incredible workload.

If I recall, there wasn't a lot of last second news on this night, so scrambling wasn't as much of an issue. But, it's still a good question. I continue to believe that FanDuel and DraftKings will provide an API for 3rd party tools like Cruncher to post lineups more easily for us, but that hasn't happened yet.

I've experimented with 100 lineups before and even when the lineups are very similar, it still takes 30 seconds or so per, so that's 4 hours of entry.

4 hours of tedium, assuming no errors. I can't even imagine...