This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: Weird calculation bug?

MLB Rewind - 9/3 - Main slate - https://www.fantasycruncher.com/lineup-rewind/fanduel/MLB/2018-09-03

Advanced Settings>TeamStacks
- 2 stacks
- 4 players from each team
- add all teams
- uncheck pitcher box
(doing this will give you two hitting stacks of 4 players and 1 pitcher that isn't facing either of the hitting stacks)

Select 1 Actual roster and you'll get a lineup that scores 167.1 points.

But, there are at least 55 other similarly constructed lineups from that slate with higher scores than this 167.1 point lineup that Rewind says is the best actual score.

Any thoughts?

Here is the best lineup I could find - scores 181.

Jacob deGrom
Eric Hosmer
Joe Wendle
Wil Myers
Freddy Galvis
Tommy Pham
Kevin Kiermaier
Franmil Reyes
Matt Duffy

Looks like the issue is with this:

This is in advanced options, and by default it is set to .1 The lineups you can make that are higher include a guy that scored 0 FPs. This is a new setting I added this year, it's primarily for NFL/NBA but I added it in MLB and NHL with a .1 projection threshold. You can go in there and change it to 0 and you will get the correct lineups. I may revisit that and adjust if it is causing issues. The reason for it in NFL/NBA is so you can have the entire player pool visible (which will soon be the default) but you're not choking the optimizer with guys that are never going to used.

"This is in advanced options, and by default it is set to .1 The lineups you can make that are higher include a guy that scored 0 FPs.:

I think it's better to return results for the "actual" rosters that don't worry about projections.

Thanks!