This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: NHL FANDUEL RICK NASH

rick nash is listed in the wrong position basically making this tool impossible to use on 85-90 % of my lineups tonight, i would like insurance these issues are going to be addressed and running smoothly before you guys go to a paid service, all in all with football season ending you guys might be making a mistake by taking a work in progress to the next level at a time when everything is tuning down and before you show ground level users that you have ironed out all the kinks and that we are just going to be able to come here plug in our players and get the results without worrying if i will be missing out on tremendous value just cause a player is in the wrong position just my opinion

rick nash is listed in the wrong position basically making this tool impossible to use on 85-90 % of my lineups tonight, i would like insurance these issues are going to be addressed and running smoothly before you guys go to a paid service, all in all with football season ending you guys might be making a mistake by taking a work in progress to the next level at a time when everything is tuning down and before you show ground level users that you have ironed out all the kinks and that we are just going to be able to come here plug in our players and get the results without worrying if i will be missing out on tremendous value just cause a player is in the wrong position just my opinion

While I agree that there are issues that need to be resolved (as with anything new)

I completely disagree with your idea of just "plugging in players not worrying". At the end of the day, the FC is a tool, that can be used in assisting with your daily lineup building. I don't think it would be wise to simply plug in the FC Picks and roll them out each night... There is still a level of intuition and knowledge on your part that is going to be needed each night...

Oreo and the guys behind this have done a great job already building this tool for us, and bassically giving us full control over the projections to be tweaked to our own liking each night. I think its unrealistic to expect Oreo or anyone else to give us up to the minute "updates" on projections. For example, I used FC for NBA last night, the lastest update to the projections was made at 6:39pm eastern for a 7:00pm lock. Sure in those 21 minutes, there could have been "breaking news" that would effect the lineup projections, but, there has to be some level of input from you on these as well... We can't expect them to change projections 5 min before lock, when they are adjusting all there own lineups as well

Im not worried about the projections it the strict position eligibility of fanduel makes this site essentially useless if the players are not in there proper positions and the cruncher spits out a bunch of lineups that will never work on the actually site regardless of projections, my main use for this is checking the 30 or so players i want to use for the night and having this optimize those picks basid on salary then i use the lineups i find good but that wont work if every lineup has players in wrong positions.

essentially i use this as a random number genertor for my 20-30 checkmarked players that i find to be either elite level talent or great value plays to all be in every possible LU combo

essentially i use this as a random number genertor for my 20-30 checkmarked players that i find to be either elite level talent or great value plays to all be in every possible LU combo

Interesting idea @leafs.

Can I ask how you make sure the FC generates lineups with the Players you want? Do you "Lock" in players? Or do you just adjust their projections?

top left there is a button select players, all or none, i select none then i go through fantasy cruncher and check off the players i want to use and i let fantasy cruncher give me all possible combos and on certain nights like tonight i wanted all possible combos of the NYR and WPJ top 6 forwards with buffuglien on defense and i had about 10-12 value guys outside of the stack i would have also selected and then entered what lineups i wanted but since cruncher had all the positions fucked up i did it my old school way on paper

complex part was i was only using lundquist and hutchison in net so cruncher is also good for not making a lineup i love only to realize i have 5 of either team on it. would be nice to see it as a fully functioning tool before upgrading partly cause im sad to see it go but also because im sure they are going to miss there daily feedback from loyal user

We're aware there are some discrepancies with regards to NHL. It's currently in beta and may remain free while we work on it. We are most definitely keeping track of all the issues/bugs. Rest assured, they will be addressed before going live with NHL.

I just went through and made sure FD was 100% correct, as I imported directly from their site. I am doing DK next.