This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: the legendary bobby portis fantasy night

it's thursday 1/14 and you're looking for a cheap value play to finish up your lineup. cruncher is pretty good at value plays and bobby portis is projected at 27.3 points on draftkings and looks to have a high value number.
okey dokey, he's in 2 of my 3 50/50 lineups now.
oh, look the game went to overtime, maybe i'll get a little bump in the scoring, time to check the lineups.
oh geeeez, bobby played 8:31 and scored a big fat zero fantasy points taking only one shot and missed it.

i'm always preaching that projections are just numbers and the randomness of everything can make you come up empty some times.
i just didn't think empty meant scoring 27.3 points below your projection.
276.50 final score with a big fat zero for bobby and i still cashed. whew!!
...sigh, on to fridays action

Yeah Bobby Portis is always a topic....but honestly if he's given the minutes...I think he'd be pretty consistent on a nightly basis. Rotations are drastically different this year...and small ball is taking over the NBA. I'm still trying to find my grasp with this year....so far it's looking like a 60 pt cushion compared to last year. We are seeing scores in the 360s for gpps....lol

Yeah, projections don't account for what happens because of game flow. Can't live and die by projections, it happens.

I'm sure it had nothing to do with Butler taking over because they didn't project that either.

Low floor....Low ceiling = bad differentiation play