This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: Site down again?

Could not generate any lineups during this last half hour before lock. Glad I was only doing one lineup today because obviously export ability would have been nil. This seems to be a problem lately.

Still haven't gotten any confirmation about the free month for coming in top ten in the freeroll either.

multiple gateway timeouts and a slow crawl from 6:40 to 7:00
fork fork fork

We completed the move to AWS yesterday, and we setup the server in much the same fashion as was on our previous host. While the server never crashed today, it was overwhelmed by the amount of traffic received today. We are aware that some users could not access the site due to the amount of traffic.

Because of what we observed today. we are splitting our database onto separate clustered servers since that was where the bottleneck occurred. We are closely monitoring exactly what is going on so we can fine tune the application. I understand from the viewpoint of the end user, it just looks like same ol song, but I promise you this is just a growing pain and we are now setup to properly deal with this. We should have the database moved later tonight and this should provide us a way to scale during peak traffic periods.