This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: MLB Opening Day!

Are you guys excited, I know I am. This is the first year Fantasycruncher has been around to offer a MLB product and this has definitely been a learning curve for myself and the rest of our team getting everything ready to go.

The lineup cruncher for baseball is now live and ready to be put through the paces. While it is live now, and it is a good tool, we see a lot of areas we are looking to add to improve the functionality. This will happen over the course of the first couple of weeks of the MLB season. We will be adding more sites as well. I am fairly confident that the quality of both the projections and the software will improve as the season moves along. Feel free to let us know anything you would like to see added, we always use your guys input to make the product better.

Thanks for your support, GL on the sites!

Great news Dave!

Can't wait to try it out.

Keep up the great work FC

Will fantasyfeud be one of the sites for baseball?

Will the "update time" be visible on the MLB Cruncher like it was for NBA?

Will weather be accounted for at all? Rain outs can really kill a lineup.

We may incorporate those into the projections at some point, we are definitely going to display the projected forecast for each game very soon. Probably before the end of this week.

Thanks , for the tool, however , I was trying to get some players from Baltimore today. One good example missing is Everth Cabrera. Can't find it in the pool of players.

Few guys not in starting lineups but making it into some of the top projected lineups... That's not a good start...

Got owned by Samardzija in a lineup that had 7HRs. -1 what a disaster. Makes me wonder why cruncher had such a hard on for the shark

We are definitely going to have some growing pains while we get all the little things worked out. We are working directly with a top stats provider who also provides us with the projected pitchers and players on a daily basis. Baseball is like basketball though in the sense that lineups can and will change last minute, thats the nature of the beast. The projections should also improve as the season gets further along.

Got owned by Samardzija in a lineup that had 7HRs. -1 what a disaster. Makes me wonder why cruncher had such a hard on for the shark

Shark is a stud pitcher, that's probably why.

Once again, I'll tell you guy, don't take everything the optimizer spits out as gospel.

If you don't think X,Y,Z player is a good play, don't play him, or better yet, try to figure out why [FC] likes him.

Shark is a stud, but KC is a tough matchup for any pitcher. Last year they struck out the fewest times of any team in Baseball, oh, yeah, and they went to the World Series, so...

As always, my thoughts are my own, and I do not speak for anyone on the [FC] staff

-Cg

If you're complaining about the lineups the tool spits out, do your own research and input those players into the tool. I don't know how many times this needs to be said, but this is not a plug-n-play tool, it's meant to supplement the research you should be doing on your own.

If you're complaining about the lineups the tool spits out, do your own research and input those players into the tool. I don't know how many times this needs to be said, but this is not a plug-n-play tool, it's meant to supplement the research you should be doing on your own.

@dave we need some sort of +1 feature, or thumbs up feature.

Maybe a forum "rep" system of some sort?

Lots of good points being made by people that understand the value of FC and use it properly.

Keep up the good work

There's something on your nose... Brown in color ... Lol ;)

I DON'T HAVE TIME TO DO THE RESEARCH,
THAT IS WHY I WOULD PAY FANTASY CRUNCHER TO DO IT FOR ME,
I EXPECT A LINE UP FROM THEM WITH LITTLE WORK ON MY PART.
JUST HOW I SEE THINGS,

JUST HOW I SEE THINGS,

Well since you put it all in CAPS...I'll sell you a cashing lineup , $99/per day!

I kid, I kid

JUST HOW I SEE THINGS,

When you find a lineup projector that does everything on it's own and wins consistently, just let me know. Price no object