This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: how often does your hockey guy check for injuries?

i know. i know.
we should never trust fantasy cruncher.
well, the thing is, we actually do.
i'm pretty good about checking left wing lock's website for hockey updates, but got in a time crunch tonight before lock.
too busy watching college basketball may have been a contributing factor.
that big fat zero for Seth Jones playing for Columbus with a $6,500 salary is gonna hurt on the cash lines.
at about 6:30 tonight he didn't show as a problem on cruncher at all when i spit out some lineups.
if i'd have checked left wing lock, they had him out at 2:55 pm on their twitter feed.
of course at 9:45 tonight, you have a red + next to his name, but nothing at 6:30pm
just venting, because of course it's our own fault for not checking every player in every lineup we make.

rule#1 - always double check with something other than cruncher.
as another example tonight (i caught this one in time) martin jones is listed as probable goalie for san jose at 9:45 for a 10pm game.
aaron dell was listed as the starter for san jose @ 8:23 pm on another site due to back to back games for san jose

rule#2 just don't play when you get in a time jam because it almost never works out and will cost you money.

still love you guys and the software, but dang those big fat zeros hurt.
updated later that evening... cruncher helped me bank a draftkings MMA score of 516.
MONEY MONEY MONEY all is forgiven