This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: Request: Limit Number of Times a Player Is In a Lineup

I would like to see a feature where you can limit the number of lineups a certain player shows up. For example, if I run five lineups usually a couple guys will be in all five. This can slightly be adjusted using the "unique player" drop down, but even with that you can still end up with a couple guys in 4 or 5 of the lineups. Thanks.

I like this idea. Especially for when Ramon Sessions ends up in all 15 of my lineups due to his price and projected score making his value > 6!!

We all know betting on this guy 15 times will be the end of your bankroll :D

In a perfect world, there would be two ways to affect this:

1. A global "exposure" setting in "Advanced" that would allow me to specify, for example, that no player should be in any more than 20% of my lineups.

2. An exposure setting next to the player's name that would allow me to override whatever I set for the global number.

Right now, "Lock" is an exposure setting of 100%, so this is already being done in a very binary way. I suspect that this is computationally a little heavier a lift and probably represents a different approach to lineup construction than Cruncher currently uses.

*Good eye, good eye!* ~ Ever Little League coach, ever.
I came to the forum to suggest just this...
For example, I loved Taj Gibson last night too, but 100% of my line-ups was a bit much so, it would have been great to be able to limit him to say 60%?

I typically lock the 3-4 players I want in all lineups. If there is one player that continuously appears that I have not locked, I will pick the 6 lineups (60%) I like them in. Then "x" that player to get another 4 variations without him, but locked players included.

Just edit that players projection to 60 and he will appear in all lineups.....