This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: has anyone tried making a hockey "LEAGUE" on draftkings

it appears you can set up a league of 10 players (or whatever number) and then invite them to the league, but then have contests for 50 players so anyone can play in the individual contests.
i'm assuming "the league" keeps track of the accumulated scores after each contest is played for the 10 players in the league and doesn't track the scores of non-league members.
i did a tuesday, thursday, saturday league using a spreadsheet last season and it took alot of time to update.
this seems like it would help alot.

anyone tried this for hockey yet?

While I have not done this for NHL that is how it worked for other sports if I remember correctly. It only counted the league members in the standings.

as an update, i set up the league and told everyone that we'd keep it as a "classic" game and not pickems. i also set up to try and keep it as a tuesday, thursday, and saturday league for people that didn't have time to play seven days a week.
it took one day for the league to get hi-jacked by another member. someone posted a contest for a pickem game on wednesday.
apparently anyone in the league can post any kind of contests without letting the commissioner know.
keep that in mind if you want to start a league, be careful about who you invite and also who those people may invite.

the good thing about the league is that when you put a new contest in, you don't have to invite everyone each time. they can just look thru the upcoming games tab to play that way. it did keep track of "average score" after playing more than one contest. also, you can set a contest for 50 players and if only 14 show up (like the pickem game), the contest will still run and not get cancelled.

other than the "pickem" contest getting thrown into the classic league scoreboard, i'd say the league thing is worth trying out with your closest buddies.

good news, bad news...

the bad news is that someone that played in only one contest in my hockey league (the grinders have played in 10 or more) has decided to spam my league list with all kinds of basketball contests. draftkings sends a notification to your actual email address inviting you to join his contests.
i woke up a few days ago to 25 emails from draftkings for this guy inviting people to every kind of basketball contest under the sun.
so once again, be VERY careful about who you invite into your league.

the good news...
TO THE FANTASY CRUNCHER STAFF, remember when you'd have private contests giving away a fantasycruncher t-shirt to the winner of a draftkings contest? i know one of the contests had 98 players in a 100 player contest at lock time and draftkings killed the contest because it didn't fill. that doesn't happen in a "LEAGUE" contest. if you set it at 200 players and only 30 show up, the contest still runs.
if you guys have any t-shirts still floating around, you may want to set up a "crunchers" league and once a month or so you could bounce out a t-shirt or something.

thanks from a 2 year satisfied subscriber