This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: Positional stacking in NBA

How do I use the positional stacking to get the Center of a team stacked with the SF and SG of the same team?

I'm sure I'm doing it wrong, but every time I try and pair them, it says no teams can be created that meet the criteria.

I noticed minimum salary couldn't be set to 50k because the salaries of the players are too low. Maybe that's your issue.

Thank you. Looking at the Lineup Rewind from 11-10-16, I have the following set:

Max players from any 1 team - 3

Along with the following:

You can see that the best possible team (in the background) meets these criteria, yet when I tried to create any lineups, I got the error that said none could be created. Are my rules constructed incorrectly?

So what's going on is that for positions in which there are two slots (2 PGs), when the constraint states stack PG with SG, what it says is, both PGs must be stacked with 1 SG from their respective teams. Same with PG stack with PF. So already you have each PG stacked with an SG and PF which occupy 3 players from each team. Then you try to stack the center with the SG, both of which are on a three stack with PFs and PGs. Forcing you to have 4 players on a single team, actually 5 players since the center needs to stack with the SF as well.

That's just the way it behaves, the NBA positional stacking was primarily more for stack avoidance (no PFs with Center from same team/game) etc... rather than stacking together.