This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: MLB DFS

Not sure what changed from last year to this year, but when a person is on the DL it's suggesting them every single game. Both Gary Sanchez and Trea Turner have been on the DL for a week yet it still suggests them... if someone were to use your optimizer without checking news they would be screwed. Need to figure out what is going on there.

Prior to the actual lineups being announced, we display the players with the yellow dot next to their batting order. This is that players last batting order when they started, this is actually not a projected batting order. We wanted to display all the potential batters so that if you have some inside info and want to play some player you can. However, we may be changing this in the near future to actually show a projected batting order for each game. We would then show the other players as either a red dot, or not batting order at all.

When we generate projections, we use this last batting order as the projected batting order, until it is a confirmed lineup. We project all players AS IF they were going to play in that lineup order slot.

We show the injured icon next to the name which you can hover over easily and see if a player is not playing. You could also go to the injuries tab and see them all and remove the ones that are not playing.

I was out of the office this past week, so I was not available to mark players as out in our system, but I will be back tomorrow and I have also enlisted the help of Zach who works for FC to mark those players as well. Once we mark them internally as out until a certain date, they will not show up in our projections anymore and will not clutter up the player pool unnecessarily.

Hope this info helps explain it all a little better.