This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: Can someone Help?

I'm not good at building lineups and I've been trying for 2 years. The only thing I'm remotely good at is basketball lines and that's just 50% of the time. maybe 70% now that we're in the playoffs, I payed for this service to be able to maybe build even better lineups for nba and mlb and so far i've had no luck, could someone help me?

What specifically is going wrong? Are you buidling lineups for Cash contests and they are not strong enough? Or do you want help making GPP lineups with contrarian plays?

PS fantasycruncher does not 'build better lineups' It is for making the lineup creation process faster and more efficient. This is especially true if you like to enter 25+ lineups at a time. You still need a solid foundation of research for the sport your are contesting to make winners.

I feel your pain buddy... it took me 2 years of DFS before I started to make regular money. It takes patience. When you lose, try to figure out what you could have done better that day. Study what the sharks are doing. Most of them put in a lot of time and research. FC is a very valuable tool, but you can't just rely on one tool. Like Sangmac said, it's a good idea to define what you want to do. Cash games in MLB can drive you crazy, but FC could give you a nice edge if you're a tournament player. However, you still have to choose the right contests to enter. It's not easy to cash in a tournament field of 50,000 entries. And MLB variance is much bigger than NBA. My advice is to gather info from various sources, and enter some smaller-field tournaments. That could be a confidence-builder for you, good luck.

are you good at keeping records? most casual players have NO IDEA how good or bad they really are.
people spend tons of time on research, but really don't know if that research is paying off.
before i became a subscriber to fantasy cruncher, i noticed using the "lineup rewind tool" on my free trial period that the "value plays" that they had performed much better than rotowire, numberfire, and my own value picks.
originally my own value picks were usually 6 thru 9 hitters in the batting order from big run scoring teams (priced below $3.5k salary.)
once i started tracking what cruncher value plays were doing, my value plays improved alot, so i became a subscriber after the trial period.

hockey became my best game after making a big effort to increase aspects of the game each month a year ago. (like taking a month to get better at picking goalies.) no offense to the cruncher prediction maker but from 2/27 thru 5/7 of this season, their top goalie play averaged 4.38 points per game (which is good, so i'm not knocking it at all.) after specifically trying to improve JUST GOALIES earlier in the season, my #1 goalie averaged 5.30 points per game for the same time frame - and the cost per goalie start was even a little lower with mine. that doesn't sound like a big deal, but it's a 21 percent improvement at goalie. if you improved "value plays" by 10 percent or "wingers priced $7,500 or higher" by 10 percent, you'd start cashing a lot more. you'd be having lots more fun, and probably sleeping better at night after looking at your results.

for your basketball stuff, let's say you love 4 players and 3 of them under perform, do you have any idea why? were those 3 playing back to back nights or 3 games in 4 days? were all 3 of them playing on the road or were their teams supposed to lose based on the vegas line?
sometimes it's not rocket science. home teams usually score more than road teams (god bless the home team official scorer who gives a rebound to a guy not even under the basket) and teams favored to win by vegas usually score more than the other team. tired teams under perform more often than not.

pick something specific and try like hell to get better at that instead of trying to get better at 6 things at once.
if you make your question more specific, these guys can help.
i'll throw this out there and see if it helps. on youtube... type in decision tree analysis in the search box and find the one by victor lavrenko
(this helps some people and a giant light bulb goes off, some it doesn't and that's fine too, it's all about if pattern recognition works in some peoples brains)
a lot of the decision making for lineups in daily fantasy is kind of like coin flips. if heads is good for you, find out how to be the best "heads landing" flipper you can be.