This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: Player Manager

The player manager is accessible from the lineup cruncher, or lineup rewind tools. It is listed in the sub menu next to Sport, Site and Game Filter menus. This is still in beta, so a few bugs are being worked out, but it works pretty well.

With the player manager you can import your own projections quickly and easily. Just copy and paste from excel into the upload player projections worksheet. The player names in our database use aliases, so you shouldn't have too many problems importing the right names. If you do run across a name that will not import, let us know and we will update the players alias.

Once you have players uploaded, OR any player that you have edited their projections in the lineup cruncher / lineup rewind list will show up here in the My Projections list. Here you can remove a projection, or all projections if you want to revert back to using the FC projections.

Let me know what you guys think, thanks!

Does this work for NBA yet? Testing this out with one player at a time and once I hit the upload button my player and value turn red and nothing else happens.

Yes, this should work for NBA as well. The highlighting is still a small issue I am working out. The other thing is, if you upload a player that is not in that period then they will not show up in the my projection list. For example, uploading Lebron James would not work for today. Please let me know if you are still having issues with the NBA players not uploading.

Does this work for NBA yet? Testing this out with one player at a time and once I hit the upload button my player and value turn red and nothing else happens.

Ok, I just made a change, the player should highlight green if successfully imported, but they will only show in the list if they have a game that period. So if you go here http://www.fantasycruncher.com/player-manager/fanduel/NBA/2014-12-10 and upload Anthony Davis it should work, and turn green. If you upload Lebron James it will also turn green, because the upload was successful, but he doesnt play today, so he wont be in the list(I may need to make these types of uploads fail). If you upload Bob the Builder, it will turn red and indicate a failure.

Hope this helps.

I've kind of got it working. If I do a straight copy and paste from Excel and try to upload it won't work. The way I can get it to work is after I paste from Excel start at the top row and then hit enter on every single players name. Once I do that and hit upload it will accept all my values. I am using Chrome as my browser.

Thats odd, what browser are you using? You could send me the excel spreadsheet to support@fantasycruncher.com and I could take a look and figure out whats going on.

cant figure out how to make this work

cant figure out how to make this work

We are working on a video tutorial that should help you out.

I have found a bug in the Player Manager that I am working on now. This is probably what is causing a lot of the frustration currently.

Ok, I [i]think[/i] I have worked out the bug. Please let me know if you guys see any problems now with uploading projections now. I also wanted to mention you will need to use the ctrl-c (copy) and ctrl-v (paste) keyboard combinations currently to paste into the online spreadsheet. I still need to fix the bug of the players not staying highlighted green/red after the upload when you scroll the spreadsheet.

Please let me know if this is or is not working, Thanks!

Is there a way to paste without using Ctrl-V? I am trying to load some projections with an iPad or iPhone, and you can't use Ctrl-V. The iPad/iPhone only lets you paste once you select the first cell, then all of your data is placed just in the one cell, instead of going into separate cells.