This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: Why is Raymond Felton's projection so low?

Deron Williams isn't going to play and JJ Barea is not 100%. So Felton will get all the minutes he can handle. Last two games he has played 42 and 35 minutes. He has scored a point per minute in the series against the Thunder. Even if you estimate he plays 30 minutes then reduce his production by 20% as conservative constraints he would still score a point more than your prediction of 23.7 pts. What makes you think this is an accurate estimate? I believe an estimate of around 32 would be fair even with allowing for some regression. That is based on belief that he plays 35 minutes today. Can you explain your thought process since we pay for your expert opinion.

It's not a certainty that Deron Williams isn't playing. Also, you can and should modify Felton's projection if you think it's off.

ok. so let me get this straight for today...
161 NHL players
120 NBA players
341 MLB players
are you telling me that ALL 622 players don't have PERFECT projections.?
i can't just wave a magic wand while riding my nieces' unicorn and have a license to print money?
aw, dang. time to do a little more work on my lineups.

the name of the unicorn was not used to protect the innocent. LOL

ok. so let me get this straight for today...
161 NHL players
120 NBA players
341 MLB players
are you telling me that ALL 622 players don't have PERFECT projections.?
i can't just wave a magic wand while riding my nieces' unicorn and have a license to print money?
aw, dang. time to do a little more work on my lineups.

the name of the unicorn was not used to protect the innocent. LOL

Ok. So let me get this straight.

Posted on the "About" page on Oreo's profile it says "As a member of the Fantasy Cruncher team Oreo's shares his expertise by providing and updating daily projections". So I ask a legitimate question about why Raymond Feltons projection was only 23.7 pts and your response was childish and mocking. You insinuated that I didn't or couldn't do any research of my own to tweak projections/lineups. Clearly your reading comprehension is lacking as I gave research reasons why I thought Feltons number was obviously low in my original post/question.

Also posted on Oreo's profile page it states part of the mission of FC is "working to make the site helpful and friendly for both amateur and seasoned daily fantasy sports players". Again clearly you have failed as your response was neither "helpful" nor "friendly". This is a for pay site where, one would think, customer service would be one of the most important aspects of the business model. Especially in a market that becomes more competitive each day.

Lastly, I was thoroughly impressed by your mastery of Douchebaggery but miserably bored by your tired played out attempt at humor. Unicorns? Really? Never heard that one before. Lol

Thanks for nothing...of value.

P.S. Tonight Raymond Felton played 36 minutes scoring 40.75 pts on DK.

crashthe24 is not a staff member, he is a volunteer moderator to helping to block Russian spam accounts, we do not condone his tone but we feel that we shouldn't censor our members in these forums. Hopefully he will exercise further judgement because he does wear a moderator tag and his role can be misinterpreted.

Our thoughts on the matter were similar to soundofsilence, in that we encourage our members to modify the projections when they feel that they are off. And the projections were set with the anticipation that Deron Williams would play, which he did, but promptly got injured. We don't explain all of our projections and there are many reasons for it. Projections are made via automated projection algorithms and then further adjusted based on Oreo's "feelings".

When you have strong feelings about projections, and those feelings are accurate, go with them, that's how you become a better player and differentiate yourself from the pack. Hopefully you followed your gut and did well tonight.

Edit: If you want to contact the staff, the best option is via e-mail. However, discussions about a player's projection should probably be left as open discussions with other members, unless you feel that the projections are so off that it must be a bug.