This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: Dustin Byfuglien

Hey, lads -- appreciate all the hard work that's been going into this!

Because the Jets are a bit decimated on the blue line, Byfuglien has moved from winger to defense for the past few weeks. Unfortunately, DraftKings still has him listed as a winger (specifically RW), and I don't know if/when they will make the change.

Either way, I ran a projection using some of my research and the first few potential lineups have Byfuglien listed as a defenseman. Not a big deal because [I think] that's how he's coded on Fanduel, but on DraftKings, the lineups that are generated are impossible (although that's not your fault, obviously, since it's a DK quirk).

Would it be possible to change his coding to a winger on FC? I'll update you guys if DraftKings changes it, but if it's possible, that would be terrific.

Cheers!

This seems to happen relatively frequently on Draftkings. A more or less "manual" work-around for a specific day is to find a defenseman with the identical salary of Dustin Byfuglien for that night that you KNOW YOU DON'T WANT and assign that defenseman the points points projected by FC for Byfuglien. Then, when you run your projections if the name of that "unwanted" defenseman appears in your lineup you just need to remember to use Dustin Byfuglien instead of the unwanted defenseman when you enter the lineup in Draftkings.

This should work as it's my understanding FC only uses Position, Salary, and Projected Score in computing lineups (and not Consistency, or Projected Score Above Average, etc).

This is what I've been doing.

So FC wouldn't need to worry about these Draftkings mistakes, a permanent solution would be to allow users to override the player's position in the same way we can override projected fantasy points by entering our own points projections, i.e. replace RW with D. Since this seems to be just a Draftkings NHL thing, maybe FC could only allow it for NHL games on Draftkings and not for other sports or other sites like FanDuel.

Anyway, hope the first solution helps, at least in the short-term.

I am working on the second solution now. It was just never foreseen as a problem when I originally developed, since I started with NFL and positions are set, so I am going back and changing a ton of code to do this. I will let you guys know when it is ready.

I have fixed Byfuglien, he is a RW on DK now. Until I get permanent fix, if you have any issues, you can email them to me as well and I will get them taken care of.

Thanks,
David.

Hey, many thanks to both of you for all your tips and tricks!