This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: fanduel $1.5 million or the $250 freeroll?

the top score looks like it'll be 343.10 in the 1.5 million dollar fantasy basketball championships on fanduel.
the winner got a nice $200,000 payout for 1st place.
the rockstars of the fantasy world competed and some say the smartest guys in the room.
well, maybe they just have bigger bankrolls and they just think they're the smartest guys in the room.
over on fanduel's $250 freeroll contest the high score was 396.10 and that person made a sweet $25 for 1st place.
(yes 25 bucks, it was a free roll, so free money is indeed free money)
now if you put in a lineup in the freeroll that scored 343.10 (the champ in the 1.5 million contest's score) you'd have come in a respectable 996th place and gotten absolutely no money at all in freeroll cash.

i had 326.90 in the freeroll which got me zip, but that score would get you 4th in the fantasy world final.
for all of you that grind it out wondering why those "other guys" are a little smarter and make their way into those big contests,
just smile and realize they aren't always as smart as you think, they just have the bankrolls.

it was fun to watch it unfold though.
"the stars might lie, but the numbers never do, i feel lucky today"