This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: How stats are formulated

Hey guys, I wanted to see if we could get some clarification on some FC stats.

How do you come up with the floor/ceiling/average stats? The floor stat looks MUCH improved! The ceiling stat looks a little high after reviewing several players. The average stat looks very close to the season average stats provided by rotoguru so those look pretty spot-on as well. I'd love to know how these are formulated as I use all of these pretty heavily.

Also, can you explain the consistency stat? I'd love to know how much weight to give this stat but without understanding how it is formulated it's hard to know how to use it.

Thanks!

The floor stats for the NBA are the players Projected score minus 1.5 times the players standard deviation. The ceiling is the same but it is multiplied by 2 and added to the Ceiling. The average column is just that, the players average fantasy points scored this season. The consistency stat is a calculation based on a players Standard deviation as it compares to their average. This is a number that will fall between 0-100 with the higher being better.