This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: Players Per Team (NHL)

I would love the ability to specify # of forwards per team for NHL. Currently if I want to run a stack including 3 PHI forwards (for example) I pretty much need exclude from my player pool any defensemen and goalies from those teams, as the lineups generated will almost always have fewer than 3 forwards per team. But generally I'm happy to take a 4th player from either or both teams as long as I have at least 3 forwards.

For example, let's say for PHI I have Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds and Schenn as my target forwards, but I also have Gostisbehere (D) and Mason (G). Gostisbehere is decent value right now, so I can pretty much guarantee you that if I set the minimum players for PHI to 3 he will be included in every lineup. It's not that I don't want him, it's that I want 3 PHI forwards from the 4 I have selected. I can remove Gostisbehere, or I can lock him (and remove Mason) and then require 4 PHI players, but neither of those options are really acceptable strategically.

Any thoughts? Surely others have run into this issue.

one thing you could try is...
remove all teams from the player pool and add back philly only.
click on centers & wingers (click C and then shift W to display both)
your player pool should only have centers and wingers from philly now.
you can sort from there based on lines, projected scores, or value.
then select the 3 guys you're looking for and lock them in.
go back and add ALL the teams back into the player pool and run your optimizations from there.
i think that should help you out some.

It's not a bad suggestion, but this would be a feature for us GPP-guys. This is a scenario where I like this particular PHI line and I want to generate X number of lineups where it is PHI-heavy (3 players from this line) but also with some variety. Hopefully others will weigh in as to whether this would be useful to them.