This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: Looking for advise...

Hey guys, first thanks for reading.

I'm not new to DFS, but I have been learning a lot about research and results. I fully understand how to use FC, but I know you don't just run a lineup and throw it in a contest and win. Can anyone tell me their method of taking the projections/lineups that FC produces and making them into successful products? I'm not looking for anyone to do the work for me, but maybe just tell me what has worked for you in the past. I do have a system, and it has yielded me profits, but like everyone that plays DFS, I'm always looking to be better. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

JB

1) when you say you have a system and it's yielded you profits, does that mean long term profits or "i cash sometimes but i'm mostly down"?
2) what sport(s) are you playing (hockey, hoops, football)?
3) fanduel, draftkings, both, other?
4) do you have any idea what value is? for a 30 point score in draftkings hockey, you need 0.6 points for every $1k in salary
5) do your "stars" in the lineup under perform often or do your low priced players?
6) have you read the "get better at hockey in 15 days -15 tips" thread on page 2 of the "everything else" forum in here. i wrote it for hockey, but there is stuff that helps all sports.

there are a lot of guys with a lot of knowledge in here, (some share and most don't) but you'll need to be much more specific with your questions.

I am stuck trying to figure out the Filter settings. I know you cant run a successful winning lineups using the stock filters, but has anyone come up with a filter settings that works good for them most nights. I heard the adjusting the values is a good place to start. I am not looking for a magic formula just wondering how people got to the settings they used and what works good...After looking around and asking these questions, I understand why people are very hesitant to share

Thanks!

as far as the filter settings...
if you were into hockey, you could go to lineup rewind and track 15-20 days of past results.
click on the actual score column and sort the top 10 centers, wingers, & defenseman by highest score that night.
do 7 of the top 10 have a value rating above a certain number consistantly?
do 7 of the top 10 have a consistency rating above a certain number consistanly?
you'll find low salary players in hockey can outscore superstars nightly, but other sports do a 7 of 10 thing.
do 7 of the top 10 have a projected range rating above a certain number?
load all of that into a spreadsheet (or longhand on paper which takes a lot longer) and after 20 days you'd have 200 centers, wingers, and defensemen that were the top scorers of the night, and then you can see what settings you can adjust your filters too safely.

never follow the ratings from anywhere blindly and double check for out of whack stuff.
rotowire had a hoops player projected at 93 points or something with a salary under $4k.
if you just hit optimal lineup blindly, he'd be in every lineup you had because of a glitch in their projections.
glitches cost people tons of money, so get your settings where you're comfortable and then spend time on looking for things out of whack.