This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: diamonds in the rough NBA style

i'm always searching for value when putting lineups together.
i use multiple websites for projections and look for something out of the ordinary.
since i'm most profitable in hockey, i don't spend a lot of time on nba lineups and look for things that jump off the page during research.
one of the sites had Dewayne Dedmon projected much higher than all the other sites.
a quick check and good ole Dewayne was a $3,000 (draftkings) center for Orlando who was averaging about 16 minutes a game.
Vucevic, the starting center for Orlando got hurt earlier in the week and now on friday night (11/6) Dedmon's minutes were going to increase dramatically.
on draftkings you'd like your players to get 5 points for every $1k dollars in salary. $50k times 5 pts. = 250 actual points.
so he gets 22 (fantasy points) on friday night which come out to 7.33 pt.s per $1k in salary which is what a value play looks like.
i think his salary is now bumped to 3,800 from 3,000 for saturday so now he's not as big as a value play.

had i not looked at multiple sites searching for bargains, i wouldn't have found this one.
that lineup for me scored 324.50 on draftkings, so the research paid off.
good luck bargain shoppers.