This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: I'm a Fish, What to do?

I'm a fish. I'm conscious about this, which I think is to my advantage, it's my first year of fantasy football ever, but I'm hooked. I played this past week in my first DFS on DraftKings, in some small entries, and doubled my initial deposit playing in a few 50/50's, and had two entries into the $1.25mil guaranteed.

I realize that this "winning" means nothing, especially on such a small sample.My question, is what do I need to do to be better, what steps do I need to take, and is something like this cruncher beneficial to someone like me who is so new to the game, and who has a low ceiling of $$ they are willing to lose (I'm limiting myself to $200 in losses for this first season of NFL DFS).

Any overall pointers, suggestions, or input about if it is worth it for me to invest the $30 of the $200 I'm willing to spend on this, and if this product will still be beneficial without me crunching a bunch of numbers, entering them in.

Thanks in advance for your time and input,

-A

getting better and making money are 2 different things.
you can learn a lot playing free games the rest of the year and bank that "doubled my deposit money" until next year.
speaking of small sample sizes, that's what football is. only a sample size of 20 weeks total.
over an entire baseball season playing 50/50's, i cashed in 63.7 percent of the games i played in.
that's a nice big sample size to draw from.
i did have a 7 day stretch where i lost money every day for 7 days straight, but because i'm in it for the long haul, i did just fine.
since you're "still learning" ask yourself if you'd be fine losing the next 7 weeks in a row. where'd that "doubled my deposit money go?"
bad streaks happen to all of us. people "learning" can get crushed, give up and never play DFS again.
i'm a huge fan of fantasy cruncher (i don't work for them) so i'll tell you to try it for the rest of the season.
let's say you make your picks from a certain pool of players, play those like you normally would and then set up fantasycruncher to use the exact same player pool that you used and see how they score. you can "uncheck" players from the pool using cruncher, or eliminate all of them and load back in the ones you used for your picks. you'll probably find an increase in points scored over the rest of the season.
going back to the 1st thought, playing for free and playing for your hard earned money are different psychologically, so maybe play free games for the next 4-5 weeks.
that way while you get better and see if you like fantasycruncher, you'll still have the bankroll to finish out the season.
good luck and good learning.