This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: NBA Season is heeeeeerrrrrrrreeee!!!

NBA + Fantasy Cruncher + McShuvin = $$$$$$$$$$

I hope so, I have always only been NFL, so I hope FC helps me out

I did pretty good in NBA last year using this tool...and have been waiting for this season to come around. With all the new features I'm really excited......plus the staff is great..so I'm confident if there is room for improvement..they will get it done!

Well I know that dissenting opinions will not likely be very politically correct in this forum ...

But has anyone used FC and another service, like say a basketballmonster, and done any comparisons? Do we think that FC has sharper projections than BM? And if so, what's making them so?

I've heard it said by the powers that be that the site is best used as a tool, and we're not necessarily paying for the default projections, but for the tool. And that is fine. I make my own projections. BUT I like to compare from as many different sharp sets as possible and have a little bit of knowledge about which have been the sharpest, and also in some areas. Like for example one service could be the best at predicting minutes but another service has sharper performance projections, if that makes any sense?

Any thoughts on past experiences are greatly appreciated, especially beyond "I used ____ service during ___ time and did (good/bad)" ...

Basketball monster gives a lot of information and is a very useful research tool because it provides more than just projections (very good stat history and matchup information). We see our relationship as symbiotic with a little bit of overlap rather than competitive.

I know it's not exactly what you asked about but I just wanted to put that out there.

I use bb monster, FCruncher and fantasylabs

bbmonster = good player info (injuries etc) and raw stats. Projections are decent. I have long since started making my own projections, but in a situation where i did not have time i use FC/BBM aggregate as my default projections. Their lineup generator is super cumbersome since you pretty much hand pick 70% of your players.
As i am always looking for low-cost stats I noticed basketball-reference.com has the same stats. You just have to dig for them as opposed to bbm putting them all on one table in one page.
Side note. BBM stats are easy enough to use that I signed up for and used Baseball monster for this past season. BBM/Fc go very well together.

fantasy labs = good for trends and game day theory, but imo after using it for baseball i figured out how to make my own trends and game theory formulas in MS access database and excel. lineup generator is rudimentary at best. and there is no option to export any data to excel so you can work on it. Everything must be done on the site.

Fcruncher = great base projections and no comparison to the lineup generator any where in the industry. Since roster construction is a major cornerstone of profitable DFS and no one wins with just projections, i'd have to say this is a must have tool.

My workflow is as follows:
gather the materials: (stats trends news from various sites including bbm)
organize materials: MS excel/access to create my own projections or rankings
Work on materials: Load projections or rankings into FC and generate lineups :)

So for NFL i use player rankings on a 1-100 scale. Load them up using player manager and then generate lineups using "my projections". I look for lineups with high total ranking and high FC projection. A good roster would be 750rank pts/150 FC projections on a full slate (10+ games)

Is FC NBA up and running for you guys?