This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: QB & WR Pairing

For NFL, stacking a QB with a WR/TE is a great strategy.

In the advanced options section, could we have a checkmark to make the lineups pair a quarterback with one of his receivers?

For example, if I choose the QB/receiver pairing option and the QB is Tom Brady, the lineup will always give me one of his WR/TEs.

+1. This would be awesome.

I strongly support the need for this. Think it would be great.

Guys I think you can do this already. If you pick a QB then his #1 WR. Just lock the QB and the #1 WR and there is your stack. From there you can still change the Uniques and also the # of players from each team. Am I missing something?

I get what the OP is saying. This is something I intended to add, and had the code all ready to go. Unfortunately it made the algorithm come to a screeching halt. I may re address this in the future weeks.

For clarification, it works like this: IF you take QBx, you must take (1/2/3) of these players WR1, WR2, WR3, TE1. This would make it work for all QBs, so instead of locking in combos manually, it would all be automatic. Hopefully I can figure out a solution to make this work at some point this season.

Is this still being worked on?

I used FC for the first time this season as I entered 40 lineups into a GPP this Sunday. I had to go back through and adjust them all, as I wanted a QB/WR or TE combo for most of them.

As far as just choosing a QB/WR combo and then going from there, it doesn't quite work as easy. When you re-run after selecting a new pair, it will reset your exposure % you were looking for.

Either way, this is still a great product and I cannot wait to use it for NBA again this year.

This would be incredible. Maybe have an extra exposure setting for QB/WR say I want 75% of my lineups to have a QB/WR combo.

I locked in a WR at a rate of 50%. Im just worried if he breaks his legs on the first snap all of my entries won't hit the 50/50. Now I would have to manually update the others to double up as well, and make sure everything fits.

So yeah, this would be awesome. An option to have say QB 33% of entries with a stacked WR or TE also at same %.

So it could auto pick Palmer-Fitz in a third, Brady-Gronk in another third, and Dalton-Green or something. Maybe even a tiered approach: the first example would be expensive tier 1 options but perhaps a tier 2 and tier 3 or even 4 option, where the QB to WR/TE combo are cheaper where you could pick X % of value lineups to enter into the GPP pools and use that extra cash for stud RBs and other WR.

Can we expand upon this request to potentially have the ability to stack QB/WR combo AND not roster a RB from the same team? I know many people try to not roster a RB from the same team as their QB/WR stack.

You can now find this setting under the Advanced Options. It seems to work pretty well, let me know if you guys have any questions or feedback on it. Thanks!

My Feedback is.. AWESOME!

Seriously, this is by far my favorite improvement yet, OtherDave.

This looks great. Could it also be made so that you can have the option to not allow running backs and wide receivers/qb/te from the same team in the same lineup. For example, Julio jones and Devonta Freeman are very popular picks this week but I would like the option to not allow both on the same lineup. Similar to this if it isn't stacked with your QB you can't have two WR or TE in the same lineup

Great stuff. It looks like when i choose to stack with 1 TE/WR.. it returns results with 1 or more. I'd like the ability limit it to just 1. Alternatively there could be a separate switch to say "maximum of 1 WR per NFL team". This could also be helpful if we want to filter out cases where 2 RBs from the same NFL team show up in a lineup.

QB/KR stack tick box is also a nice to have.