This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: New here. Few suggestions (UI, and Usability)

Hey dudes! I'm pretty new here, and love the site. Just a few suggestions I had after using the site for a few days... didn't bother digging through threads to see if they've been suggested already (Sorry).

Main Navigation
> You're hiding the most important links inside a menu. Why not get rid of the 'Tools' menu, Put 'Lineup Cruncher' & 'My Lineups' their own menu. Put 'Lineup Rewind' somewhere on the 'Lineup Cruncher' page. Also, if 'Forums' are the only 'Connect' option, just show 'Forums', and get rid of the menu. -- Screenshot (http://i.imgur.com/DqM9vgm.png)
> Add a page for 'My Crunches' (below explains this a little better.)

Lineup Cruncher
> Make it easier to switch between sports/fantasy site. The way you have it right now is like a 4 step process.
> Reduce clutter and allow users to hide specific sports and fantasy sites from showing up at all.
> Make the sliders easier to use, make the handles larger -- Screenshot (http://i.imgur.com/pF3ehhg.png)
> Add the ability for users to save 'Filters' or preferences that a user sets on the left and in advanced options.
> Add the ability for users to configure the columns that show up in the player list.
> Add the ability to unselect all players who are officially listed as 'OUT'.
> Not sure if this isn't already built in (just started using the like/dislike/locks for players), be sure to reset these on a weekly basis.
> Add in the ability to click your escape key to close player information (after clicking a players name).
> Add the ability to save crunches...
> [BUG] Open the player information (after clicking a players name) in the middle of the screen. Otherwise, it opens wherever your mouse is.

My Lineups
> Make it easier to filter lineups (sports, fantasy sites, slate.).
> Make it more clear what slates that specific lineup is eligible for.)
> Put the lineups saved name at the top, projected score next to it, and remove the blue bar at the bottom of each lineup.
> [BUG] Not sure if bug or not fully thought out, but above each line up it says '#X My Projected' and Fantasy Pts projected. Should this read something like... '[SAVED LINEUP NAME] is projected:'?

My Crunches
> Add a 'My Crunches' Feature, so users can save the crunches they create in the Lineup Cruncher.
> Add the link into the navigation as suggested above.
> Make it easy to filter crunches (sports, fantasy sites, slate).

A lot of great suggestions here. Some we are already working on, some we will add to the list.

Added / fixed:
> Add in the ability to click your escape key to close player information (after clicking a players name).
- this was such a simple and great suggestion that I dont know why I never thought of it.
> [BUG] Open the player information (after clicking a players name) in the middle of the screen. Otherwise, it opens wherever your mouse is.

Im not sure a better way to do the navigation between sites/sports. I actually improved the way that works, it used to be worse! The way it is now seems to be the best way in my mind to navigate, but if you have a better design pattern I am all ears.

The My lineups page is due for a major overhaul, so I will address all of the points you brought up when that happens. I also like the idea to save the groups of crunched lineups as a whole to go back and review later, I will see if we can work that in as well.

Thanks for all of your feedback, I definitely use all of our users input when deciding which direction to go and what areas to work on and improve. I hope you will see the changes implemented in the coming weeks as we are constantly evolving and improving.