This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: Player "LIKE" Feature

Hey guys,

I absolutely LOVE the Fantasy Cruncher platform as is, and I really don't think anything "NEEDS" to change.

There is one thing I would like to see though.

1) I would like some sort of player "Like" feature... Rather than "Locking" in my favorite players, so that they are on every single lineup, I'd like some sort of "like" feature, that would give a player an edge over some other options, but not necessarily LOCK that player into every single lineup.

2) Is there any way to program some way to enter lineups from FC directly into Draftkings or Fanduel? I just played in the Mega Payoff Pitch last night, and Maxdulary had 888 entries? I can't imagine that he entered all those manually? Or did he?

I've seen requests for this "like" function that I don't particularly understand. I mean we could conceivably make it boost a player's projected score by 10% or something but not have it show in the final calculated score, but that would be sort of deceptive. If you truly "like" a player, why not just give them a higher projection? If you feel uncomfortable projecting them higher than their current projection, then perhaps you don't particularly have a good reason for "liking" that player and should be re-evaluated. To paraphrase: how do you want this feature to be different from simply giving a player a higher projection? By allowing you to edit projections, you're able to "like" players to different degrees.

"By allowing you to edit projections, you're able to "like" players to different degrees."

This gets very hard to manage/calibrate well across 300 players, a number we typically see each day in MLB. I suspect what the OP wants is a way to overweight exposure to a player in the lineups generated without having to tweak each player to get just the right exposure. I've talked about this at length in the past. I've pitched the idea to Daily Fantasy Nerd, to FantasyLabs, to RotoGrinders, and nobody seems to get it. We need a tool that allows us to specify our exposure to players so that, irrespective of our bullish opinion on someone, it won't spit them out 98% of the time.

If you look at what the multi-entry GPP guys are doing, they are all constructing a bunch of rosters based on their desired exposure to the players on the slate. They are far less concerned with getting the projection just right and much more concerned from a portfolio management perspective with getting their exposure levels right. I may LOVE Mike Trout tonight, but I don't want him in 100% of my lineups, and there is no easy way with Fantasy Cruncher (or ANY tool) to manage exposure. The variance in baseball is simply too high to have massive exposure to any one player in a multi-entry "I want to take this thing down" GPP approach.

I have a strong feeling that Maxdulury, Condia, BCalicor, Ashlarry, all have tools to manage their exposure. FC could carve out a nice niche for itself by providing that kind of tool.

I thought Fantasy Lab had the variance feature to allows for x amount of overall exposure to any particular player. Not quite the same I guess. Anyway, solid post and we do need something like this.