This forum is archived and no longer active. You can visit us in our Discord Server here!

Topic: MLB - Auto Update?

Just curious, how the updates are working for MLB.

Every morning when I use the LU Rewind tool, I see the most recent update is usually after midnight, from the day before.

Meaning, I'm getting an "update" which is actually "after" all the games have been played...

Obviously, I'm looking at the rewind tool to see how the lineups finished, that were projected pre-lock, so I'm wondering how exactly these updates are being done?

Also, today's rewind, for 4-9-15 simply will not put Ian Kennedy in any lineup projection, but before lock, he was in every LU project unless I forced him out myself.

MLB is definitely a different beast. We do currently run the updates automatically every 20 minutes, and that runs around the clock. However, we will be changing it to stop updating after the last game for the day has started( I just haven't coded that catch yet).

When the day first starts, all we have is the previous games batting order to go off of. So we project based off of that order. As the day progresses, lineups start getting submitted by managers and when we get the feed for those we update and re evaluate the player projections. These are indicated by the little green and yellow dots next to the lineup order. That is why you may end up getting a projection for a player, who is later gone. Kinda like a late scratch in the NBA. One issue with the MLB is that because the games can be so wide spread, you may have several players that are removed from the lineups later in the day.

After further investigation, I think I do have an issue with updating the pitcher incorrectly, which probably accounts for the Ian Kennedy issue. I will look into and resolve that as well.

Dave, thanks for the info.

I'm only asking because when I look at the LU Rewind the next day, and it shows the most recent update being late at night, around midnight usually, I know those lineups that come out in the Rewind aren't the same lineups that came out at, say 6:40 or so before the games locked (fanduel)

I'll start exporting the final update before the game locks, so i can just import that into the LU Rewind the next day, but I was just asking to make sure that's what was happening